X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhythms of India - BBC4

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    Soumik Datta was in sesson with LK.
    He has a 3 episode programmme called 'Rhythms of India' starting on BBC Four on Tuesday May 21 at 21.00
    Soumik Datta reveals how India's music can help us to understand its past and its present.

If it is anything like his performance on World Planet, I suspect it may be quite good.
    Just a reminder that, as GT says, this rather excellent series of three programmes, with its very personable presenter, Soumik Datta, is on Tuesday evenings on Beeb 4. 'The Raag already exists within the listener. It is the job of the musician to bring it to life!', says one person at a classical concert.
    My only disappointment is that there does not appear to be a playlist of music associated with the programme which would have been useful to explore more - I'll just have to work harder. Here's the link again:
    India's rich and diverse culture and history revealed by its music.

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Just a reminder that, as GT says, this rather excellent series of three programmes, with its very personable presenter, Soumik Datta, is on Tuesday evenings on Beeb 4. 'The Raag already exists within the listener. It is the job of the musician to bring it to life!', says one person at a classical concert.
    My only disappointment is that there does not appear to be a playlist of music associated with the programme which would have been useful to explore more - I'll just have to work harder. Here's the link again:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005h7f
    You'll just have to watch again, but with a pen and paper to hand!
    I mentioned this on the TV programmes thread after the first of the series last week. As last week I found myself wishing that there was some prospect of further programmes to cover the subject matter in a little more depth - tantalising glimpses which raised questions, and wanting to hear more of the music, including Datta joining the musicians which are such a joy to watch and hear.

Comment

I have heard good things about this from people who know about the music.
      Thanks for reminding me

Comment

This looks interesting.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Comment

Working...
        X