Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said in a previous post about Mamer, it is me against the rest of the world. There was a lot of tut-tutting when I saw him in 2009 and not many of us left in the tent. I would see "Proverbs" as the centre piece - it is certainly the most commercial track - which is not to say that it is the best necessarily. The whole cd is a "grower". The guy appears moody and introspective which I like in a performer more than something less easy to define.

Comment

Infamy

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
      Today GT, en-route to the dentist, I was listening to this Joe Harriott.

That very nice Michael Garrick flogged it to me last night from his nifty, temporarily-Keele-based, part-time corner shop.
      The irony.

I'll have to give it a cursory listen before rejecting it totally...

Comment

......incidentally I will try to deliver the usual tomorrow but I can't guarantee it. My wheels keep getting stuck in the snow. It is now 14 inches at the depot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
          ......incidentally I will try to deliver the usual tomorrow but I can't guarantee it. My wheels keep getting stuck in the snow. It is now 14 inches at the depot.
          We're relying on you. Tingled has had no cream since Sunday.
          Please leave an extra sack of snaggles

Comment

Maybe yes, maybe no.

I'm currently crocked and confined to quarters. So I've been listening to a lot of albums today, as well as the odd titbit thrown my way by PS.
            So here's 3 of my albums of the day...and I'm keen to hear what yours have been.

Spotify link can't go wrong with this
            and

- we live in hope of a non-stop stream of great music; sadly they have been dashed with this one. Thankfully I didn't buy it...the joys of streaming. There is a distinct promise about them, maybe next time...not recommmended although there is an oddly appropriate track here

and finally

I feel I'm catching up with everybody else who already knows about and treasures Alasdair Roberts - I've heard the odd track, loved his voice, approach and material but he had generally passed me by - so I've really enjoyed listening to more of him today. Long Lankin in particular - a v. old song with some of the strangest lyrics. Here's a link to it on Spotify
            Long Lankin

(then there was Natalie Merchant, Fleursy Music (courtesy of one of the collaborators, Barrence Whitfield to mix things up a bit, some strategic Listening Again...)
            Last edited by Globaltruth; 10-12-10, 18:43. Reason: couldn't count.

Comment

Working...
            X