Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't life great!

I notice that Malky's made it on to the new series of Great Lives.
    Public relations expert Mark Borkowski discusses the life of the Sex Pistols' manager.

One of my many flaws is that I always really respected Malcolm. I like to think that he made me all that I'm not today.

Comment

''Hold on, Matthew! Yes...I see....there's just.... one.... left...''McClaren''?! Anyone?''

Comment

That Ian was when I said that "Double Dutch" was really good and who cares about credits anyway?

Comment

S. Beckett, J.B. Priestley and a certain A. Bevan are, apparently, future subjects for the series.

Which only makes the inclusion of this parasite the more astonishing, IMO!

Comment

Simon, have you considered his contribution from a situationist perspective or even in the context of fluxus?, Lat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
              Simon, have you considered his contribution from a situationist perspective or even in the context of fluxus?, Lat.
              I confess I hadn't! And don't know enough about the former, really, to make an intelligent comment.

However surely most of his "philosophy" fails the generally accepted tenets of Fluxus - if one really wants to dignify what I of course see as those silly, 60s, naive, failed, pseudo-revolutionary ideas by discussing them at all!

bws Simon

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Malcolm Maclaren?

Comment

ride your buggy

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
                  Pardon my ignorance, but who is Malcolm Maclaren?
                  Founder of the premier British parenting lifestyle company
                  configureyourbuggy.com

[disclaimer: i am in no way commercially connected with this organisation. Whoops, forgot, this doesn't matter any more, so will be sending invoice to Maclaren's for marketing services.]

Comment

Chris,

That buggy bites-yer baby man sometimes gets mixed up with the late Malcolm Mclaren who was the 'ex' of Tintwistle's favourite daughter, Vivienne Swire.

She once voiced a line which I now use regularly myself:

" It might be different but it's not what I want "
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-12-10, 13:45. Reason: Missed a vital 't'

Comment

Whichwood?

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                      Chris,

That buggy bites-yer baby man sometimes gets mixed up with the late Malcolm Mclaren who was the 'ex' of Tintwistle's favourite daughter, Vivienne Swire.
                      Indeed it is easy to forget that the aforementioned Malcolm was responsible for also founding the British automotive manufacturer of high performance vehicles , but no-one could possible forget the fabulous Vivienne Westwood, the mother of the fragrant Tim.

So what O?

Comment

Working...
                      X