Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celtic Connections 2023

I notice that Celtic Connections is back to full action from 19th Jan till 5th Feb after the last couple of years of you-know-what. From an initial cursory glance, the things that jumped out are Southern Mali's Trio Da Kali, Lisa O'Neill in the beautiful Mackintosh Church, a tribute to Jackie Leven (former correspondent Lat would be delighted to hear that), Eliza Carthy & the Restitution, and Brìghde Chaimbeul & Ross Ainslie.
    Here's the link to what's on in case anybody fancies a midwinter trip to Glasgow.
    Glasgow’s annual folk, roots and world music festival, Celtic Connections celebrates Celtic music and its connections to cultures across the globe.

I always fancy it, but we never make it.
    Until Friday, you can watch a concert online for 3 quid.

For 'free' on the iPlayer ...K. Tickell did a fine job with 3 of the acts appearing on Music Planet.

Indian vocalists Vedanth and Gurupriya with their soothing lullabies
    American father/daughter duo Dirk and Amelia Powell - bit of a show stealer but very modest about their impeccable Cajun/Creole credentials.
    plus award-winning Scottish fiddle player Eryn Rae - a younger person. Excellent.

Comment

I enjoyed the show too, GT. Got a ticket for Lisa O'Neil in the beautiful Mackintosh Church next week. Lovely venue. Also hoping to get to Trio di Kali on Friday, but not sure about the travel so waiting to last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        I enjoyed the show too, GT. Got a ticket for Lisa O'Neil in the beautiful Mackintosh Church next week. Lovely venue. Also hoping to get to Trio di Kali on Friday, but not sure about the travel so waiting to last minute.
        I hope you enjoy seeing her live. I still never have but this is still my favourite lockdown concert:
        Lisa O'Neill alone (just about...) and live at the National Concert Hall, Dublin.
        Reflections: A Solo ConcertSerious joins with National Concert Hall, Dublin to present Lisa O’Neill - a songwriter like no other. Last year, she played for S...

Trio di Kali concert is getting plugged all over r3...most unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post

Trio di Kali concert is getting plugged all over r3...most unusual.
          Messed up the dates, Global - they were on last week. Eejit! Oh well, there's always Lisa...and I'm heading to see Randy mid Feb...nowt to do with Celtic Connections, mind you.

Comment

Messed up the dates, Global - they were on last week. Eejit! Oh well, there's always Lisa...and I'm heading to see Randy mid Feb...nowt to do with Celtic Connections, mind you.
            Now there's an idea - R.Newman gigging with Lisa O'N at Celtic Connections.

Imagine those duets....

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
              Now there's an idea - R.Newman gigging with Lisa O'N at Celtic Connections.

Imagine those duets....
              That piano/banjo duo would have us all jumping for joy, GT.

Comment

That piano/banjo duo would have us all jumping for joy, GT.
                Randy concert postponed again due to ongoing health issues, Global.

Comment

Randy concert postponed again due to ongoing health issues, Global.
                  That is sad news.

Comment

Celtic Connections has just released its 2024 programme.

Comment

Working...
                    X