Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    There are not that many Marathi language films which win prizes at the Venice International Film Festival but The Disciple is one, the previous winner from Indian being more than 20 years ago. The film is about Indian classical music.

I won’t give the plot away but I appreciated the parallels with improvisational Irish sean nós singing.
    “ you don’t sing the Raag, the raag just doesn’t let you go’.

we watched it on Netflix. I sure you can find it elsewhere and if you’re following this thread I suspect you will find it worth
    seeking out.

Here's the trailer
    https://youtu.be/XvGuvEsRwf0?si=OkcNMVE6gtq-1vBB
    Further to GT's above post, yesterday's Sunday Feature on Deben Bhattacharya will be of considerable interest, I think:

A journey into the work of Deben Bhattacharya, an uncelebrated pioneer of field recording.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Further to GT's above post, yesterday's Sunday Feature on Deben Bhattacharya will be of considerable interest, I think:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001t2jj
      Very interesting programme indeed, S_A. Wonderful sounds from Eastern Europe through to the far east of Asia. I really enjoyed his wife's story of arriving too late for a wedding in Benares and without any of the gifts, as they had been stolen in Istanbul, and without the car, as it had eventually given up the ghost in Iran. He was certainly a nomad too. Thanks for posting it. I knew nothing about him.

Comment

Indian slide guitar with Pandit Debashish Bhattacharya & Anubrata Chatterjee(tabla):

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JR

Comment

A new release from Anoushka Shankar - 'New Dawn'
          Taken from "Chapter II: How Dark It Is Before Dawn" by Anoushka Shankar.On April 5, the acclaimed sitar player, producer and composer, shares the second inst...

Comment

I’m listening to (or, while being driven, having to listen to) an awful lot of Indian music. I’ve no idea what it is, but as I’ve heard more and more of it down here in Kerala, it has sounded intricate, fascinating and curiously calming. It’s obviously authentically in situ, but I expect it wouldn’t sound the same in Cornwall.

Comment

Madhuvanti Pal​ playing a raag on the rudra veena

Comment

Working...
              X