Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just a picture of some ivory cutlery to reinforce the words. To be clear, and much to my sorrow, I have no access to Ivor Cutler’s ivory cutlery drawer and also bow to your superior knowledge in this area.

The closest I can get is a Flickr gallery of shopping lists, a letter and quotes by Mr Cutler.

Here, by way of apology for misleading, is another great track by Ivo. Cutle.
    Little black buzzer.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
      This is just a picture of some ivory cutlery to reinforce the words. To be clear, and much to my sorrow, I have no access to Ivor Cutler’s ivory cutlery drawer and also bow to your superior knowledge in this area.

The closest I can get is a Flickr gallery of shopping lists, a letter and quotes by Mr Cutler.

Here, by way of apology for misleading, is another great track by Ivo. Cutle.
      Little black buzzer.
      https://youtu.be/EtIYIHvMEvk
      Thanks, GT. They were lots of fun. Here's my offer for Cutler Day - 'Wooden Tree'.
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

From the iridescence it looks like mother of pearl,(bone was the other commonly used material) not ivory, to me and the junction of the new parts to the old looks rather fake ?photoshopped.
        Happy to be proved wrong on both counts - it just caught my eye while skimming today's posts - so I haven't gone through all the associated posts.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          Thanks, GT. They were lots of fun. Here's my offer for Cutler Day - 'Wooden Tree'.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EaerwnusI
          Here’s another, which should maybe be our theme tune.
          Love his comment at the end - untrue obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
            Here’s another, which should maybe be our theme tune.
            ...or this one, Global.
            Ivor Cutler , one time chairperson of the Noise Abatement Society, singing a song.

Particularly enjoyed the programme on 4 extra last night called 'Cutler the Lax'
            Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

It's the first of three. Hadn't heard it before.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
              ...or this one, Global.
              Ivor Cutler , one time chairperson of the Noise Abatement Society, singing a song.

Particularly enjoyed the programme on 4 extra last night called 'Cutler the Lax'
              Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

It's the first of three. Hadn't heard it before.
              Who was chipping in on that track? It’s a good ‘un.

Comment

Ivor Cutler's John Peel session, August 10, 1977:

JR

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                  Ivor Cutler's John Peel session, August 10, 1977:

JR
                  Genius, Jazzrook! 'Jungle Tip: Leopard' is so fantastic, and Episode 13 of Life in a Scotch Sitting Room is a big favourite of mine - 'Our Street was a Hippodrome'.
                  I have 'Life in a Scotch Sitting Room' recorded live in Glasgow in the 70s. I don't like it because of the audience - lots of nervous laughter. I used to find this when I saw Ivor live - too much unnecessary laughing for my liking - I prefer him without an audience, and often thought he did too...kind of.
                  Last edited by johncorrigan; 25-01-23, 12:18.

Comment

'Cutler the Lax' featured Márta Sebestyén again this week - Ivor fair loved the great Magyar. It also featured a brilliant bit from the archives about what Dutch think of English pubs.

I notice that Maconie's 'Freakzone' on BBC6 music this evening features a tribute to Ivor.

Comment

Working...
                    X