• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Music: I Say a Little Prayer for You - R4, 24/8/23

Thought I should draw attention to this programme:

Sat 24 June - Radio 4
    Soul Music{ I Say a Little Prayer for You

Personal stories about the classic 1967 Burt Bacharach and Hal David song, written as a message of support for soldiers serving in Vietnam. War correspondent Doug Bradley discusses how Aretha Franklin's version became a symbol of hope for African-American troops, jazz singer Nnenna Freelon talks about covering the song as a tribute to her late husband, while Hasse Huss recalls as a 15-year old in Stockholm, spending a day with Aretha in 1968

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Sat 24 June - Radio 4

Personal stories about the classic 1967 Burt Bacharach and Hal David song, written as a message of support for soldiers serving in Vietnam. War correspondent Doug Bradley discusses how Aretha Franklin's version became a symbol of hope for African-American troops, jazz singer Nnenna Freelon talks about covering the song as a tribute to her late husband, while Hasse Huss recalls as a 15-year old in Stockholm, spending a day with Aretha in 1968

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001n8c6
    I heard part of this on the car radio and wanted to 'hear it again' - as one does. Guess what? They asked me to register and sign in. Again. So I did. It was worth it, but

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Sat 24 June - Radio 4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001n8c6
      Excellent...what a song!

Comment

Working...
      X