Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry I haven't a clue

that's great a LINK - (otherwise it's kerazy looking at all stuff, (and there's enough on it) and i was getting dizzy with it.

Give The Drummer Some

will do!

thanks again.

Comment

Dizzy making indeed - for if you only enjoyed just one show, it's probable that you could have at least a thousand hours of archive to delve in to.
      The station has just finished its fundraising fortnight - The Marathon. Listeners have coughed up $1.2 million. That's true love, more so than even a mini-break in the Cotswolds.

Comment

PS.
        I have to say this handsome, but if you know of any finer jazz sequences on radio than the ones Doug Schulkind has played in his programmes,
        then you must declare so to this parish ...

Comment

at least a thousand hours of archive to delve in to.

i'm dusting off my very best nerd anorak in readiness for complete introversion.

substantial archives bring a whole new meaning to the phrase 'read only memory' ...(and i shall, for as long as possible)

$1.2 million. That's true love, tis too, and another bonus is that we don't have to see nasty stickers saying 'sponsored by the ' or whoever. which rather neatly brings us right back ontopic to 'the peel building'. huzzah!

thanks again paul sherratt.

Comment

Doug Schulkind

is that a jazzbo on wfmu ...? bliss.

i'll bear the parish in mind too - promise to be humbler than the church mouse.

Comment

Scan that list of artists played ... it will only take about 30 minutes !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ochbSAh8QCE ( imo )

Comment

radios are beautiful, and that woody one especially, wouldn't mind it on my 'bedside table' .... which is actually the floor (tbh)

Comment

Saw a floor standing radio in a house the other day - a beat-up US model. Three names on the dial under 'foreign' London, Guatemala and I forget the third - I knew I should have taken a picture ... !
                  But why Guatemala ??? Btw, folk tuning in to Give The Drummer Some's next Tuesday's one hour show will be treated to a Roxy Gordon special. Not that you need to follow Roxy Gordon's name with 'special'

Comment

Unglaublich großartig.

John Peel's Plattensammlung durchstöbern.

Empowering the cultural sector to be digitally innovative. Connecting artists with diverse audiences on air and online. Commissioning, mentoring and advising on digital projects and strategy.

A nicer graphic...
                    (NB not quite complete yet)
                    Last edited by Globaltruth; 18-06-12, 18:08. Reason: expectoration management

Comment

Re: The title of this thread:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19933274

Oops!
                      Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Parry, do you think there's any truth in the rumour going around that the new DG has had a suggestion from his ABC counterpart to consider naming it 'The Eugene Goossens Wing' ?

Comment

' Speaking at the time, Mr Thompson said it was "a fitting tribute to a man who personified so much of what the BBC stands for".'

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

And inspired by The Daily Mail piece ( there's a first )
                            Listen to the official audio of Dock Boggs' "Sugar Baby" from the 2002 album 'Classic Mountain Songs from Smithsonian Folkways' on Smithsonian Folkways.'Clas...

Comment

First time I've looked at this thread ... and there was I thinking it was about Sir Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by David-G View Post
                                First time I've looked at this thread ... and there was I thinking it was about Sir Robert.
                                - not Diana Rigg in a leather catsuit then?

No, wrong channel

Comment

Working...
                                X