Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Strummer's Grave

If you like Half Man Half Biscuit here's Wild Billy Childish and the Musicians of the British Empire:

Well, that's shaken things up nicely. We were all waiting for Godot up to that point. Love that performance. I had so much time for Joe Strummer - a real hero for me when I was younger - and I see it as a tribute of sorts. Great too to see a bunch of people who really deserve having MBE in their names. Here's three other good ones from the, erm, Medway Delta:

In loving memory of June Hamper, ne Lewis. RIP June 24th, 1927 - August 10th, 2020Wild Billy Childish, Graham Day and Wolf Howard, The Buff Medways video for...

This is Pete's new video for the single 'One Stolen Moment' which is out on the 29th September on Damaged Goods Records. Directed by Simon Williams. www.dama...

Comment

All good Lat! Particularly liked the Pete Molinari.

Comment

A few words from Billy himself perhaps...

My name is Billy Childish. I was diagnosed dyslexic when I was 28.
        I have published 30 collections of poetry and 2 novels. I have made about 100 independent LP records and painted over 2000 paintings. When I was 17 I had a bank account under the name of Kurt Schwitters. I lived on the dole for 15 years.

I am self taught.
        I do not like fashion culture.
        I do not hate anyone.

Seems reasonable...

Comment

I might give it a go.

Comment

There's only one way I can top Billy...I've lived on the dole for 20 years...oh...and I don't hate anyone....well hardly anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Reynolds View Post
              There's only one way I can top Billy...I've lived on the dole for 20 years...oh...and I don't hate anyone....well hardly anyone.
              You do yourself a dis-service my friend. You modestly neglect to mention your musical skills and nascent DJ'ing prowess.

Comment

Thank you GT! Looks like I'll be in a band soon. My Yoruba Nigerian social worker Dele is getting a group of service users together to make music. Details to follow!

Comment

' The Dele Cats ' ?

Comment

Very witty Paul.

Comment

Whoops...already taken:

Comment

Isn't that a fine song.
                        But I'm sure a Nantwich-based 'Cat ' name doesn't infringe on the earlier band's rights !

Comment

I thought it was very funny - and helpful. That is a good song and, at first glance, it looks like a terrific series of records.

Comment

It was funny and helpful. Unfortunately Dele doesn't want her name involved. Also I got told off for being too familiar.

Comment

Working...
                            X