X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lateralthinking1
    • May 2024

Strandloper

This man for Prime Minister and Poet Laureate (but only when he wants to be) -

Caesar (Chris Wood) from his new new album 'A Handmade Life' The Pin-Barrel Harp (Sharpsichord) is a sound-sculpture designed & built by Henry Dagg as an ac...
  • Globaltruth
    Host
    • Nov 2010

I spent some time trying to persuade one of the producers of LJ (via email) to play this very piece on the morning after the general election last year. Because it's all pre-recorded and because it seems they can't accommodate spontaneity in any shape or form they didn't. It is an all time favourite and definitely deserves a thread of it's own.

Just terrific. Thanks Lat. Good start to the day.

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

Funny really because Late Junction was for many years a live broadcast, a useful device in a way to accommodate overruns in the then also live, evening concerts.
      It is a cracking track which you once brought to our attention at that long-forgotten corner of the bbc that will be forever quiet. Now I'm sure someone said to me that
      there was some thinking going around to revive the live broadcast. I bet it was that man about the house...

PS

The ' live concerts ' aren't any more. Now just another corporation - controlled entity...

Comment

• Paul Sherratt

revive the live Late Junction broadcast that is ... perhaps it's just when the still really live proms are on.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Yes, I did post it on the BBC forum. It has got to be one of the best things I heard last year. Prompted, of course, by the essay that was broadcast just before Lopa. I hadn't seen that John had mentioned it last night and didn't realise that it was a repeat. What a terrific piece of broadcasting - so well written and presented atmospherically with the most tremendous timing. Just so right.

Comment

Working...
          X