Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Katin 1930-2015

Sad news announced on In Tune this evening. Phoned in tribute from Rob Cowan and some lovely Chopin.

Originally posted by zola View Post
    Sad news announced on In Tune this evening. Phoned in tribute from Rob Cowan and some lovely Chopin.
    Very sad news, indeed.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Oh, how sad. No wonder we had heard little from him lately. I shall play his Chopin this evening
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

What a sad, and for us, distinctly personal, loss.

Comment

Really sad; I think my first exposure to classical music was via the Peter Katin records in my old Dad's collection, then to my delight in later years, PK took up the HIP challenge and recorded those CDs of Schubert and Clementi on his own square piano. A huge talent.
          Last edited by MickyD; 20-03-15, 22:50.

Comment

Very sad news - his contributions on here were always a joy to read .

A very fine player and his lovely CD with Campoli is what I shall be playing this evening

Comment

Very sad indeed - he played the Rachmaninov 2 at the first concert I ever attended in 1956 (with the LSO). And I still have the programme (price 1 shilling)

Comment

Sad news indeed.
                Steve

Comment

This is very sad news for me, personally, as he was the first pianist that I'd bought a recording of way back in the early 70s when I was a mere teenage slip of a lad. It was a - still treasured - Tchaikovsky piano concerto. Just 3 weeks ago, I acquired his recording of Rachmaninov's Preludes; Wonderful - I love them.

Comment

Comment

Seemed a very modest gentleman and a good looking one too in his youth.

Comment

Sad news indeed. Time to play his recordings of Schubert and Clementi on the Clementi square piano of 1832 which were my first encounter with HIPP.
                        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

I read the thread title and just said "Oh no!". How very sad. I had noticed he hadn't contributed here for while.

Comment

I first heard Peter Katin live about 50 years ago in a Sunday afternoon all-Chopin recital in the QEH. I've greatly appreciated his contributions to the Forum - one I treasure is a recollection of Clifford Curzon. A great artist and lovely man.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X