No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    a contributor here of great charm and distinction
    Can I join my voice to all those in praise of this fine musician. I too grew up with and received great pleasure from a number of his recordings. I had no idea he contributed to this forum (under what nickname?). Just read the "Solo" book too. Two wonderful pianists. Both sadly missed.

Comment

A very nice man that I met in cyber space....
      bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by Lordgeous View Post
        Can I join my voice to all those in praise of this fine musician. I too grew up with and received great pleasure from a number of his recordings. I had no idea he contributed to this forum (under what nickname?). ...
        http://www.for3.org/forums/member.php?299-Peter-Katin . You will find a link to his posts there.
        Last edited by Bryn; 21-03-15, 12:37.

Comment

I caught the tail end of an announcement on R3 just after 8am which briefly stated that Rob Cowan would be paying tribute to Peter Katin on his Sunday morning programme.

Comment

Thanks Anna. Not a programme I normally tune into, so would probably have missed without your fillip.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              Many thanks. (2nd link doesnt work but I found his posts OK).

Comment

Originally posted by Lordgeous View Post
                Many thanks. (2nd link doesn't work but I found his posts OK).
                Hmm. Works here, so I guess it must be tied to my particular installation. I will remove it from the message.

Comment

Thanks, Bryn. His posts illustrate his decency. A wonderful career.
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    http://www.for3.org/forums/member.php?299-Peter-Katin . You will find a link to his posts there.
                    How poignant to read those. Thanks Bryn

"...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                      A very nice man that I met in cyber space....
                      I'm very sorry to hear this news and send condolences to his family and friends. I agree - such a very nice man. Very kindly, he responded to my request for reminiscences of his recording sessions over the years, and relationships with conductors.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        How poignant to read those. Thanks Bryn

The scent of modesty about them. He was also a Friend of Radio 3, so a loss for FoR3 too.
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                          The scent of modesty about them. He was also a Friend of Radio 3, so a loss for FoR3 too.
                          I always enjoyed reading his posts. Alas no. such a modest man, as well. RIP Peter Katin.
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

I'm baffled. I've just listened to Rob's tribute from last night - but not a word anywhere as yet. Not even Lebrecht. Too much to suppose the BBC 'Arts & Entertainments' page would have anything in their music section? Or Radio 3's Facebook pages ... ? Even Wikipedia ... What's going on?
                            NB Martin mentioned it this morning on the early morning programme ...
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

And another thing: Wikipedia has been updated, but the 'verification' is this thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                                And another thing: Wikipedia has been updated, but the 'verification' is this thread!!!
                                Yes I looked earlier across the internet and was about to ask: are we sure....
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X