No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post

NHS App

Download the NHS App, or open the NHS website in a web browser, to set up and log in to your NHS account. Owned and run by the NHS, your NHS account is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services online.

Mine has full details with:

Vaccination - Comirnaty Original/Omicron BA.4-5 COVID-19
    You have prompted my memory of what was stated in the paperwork for my vaccination. I got the same. Hopefully, it will be reiterated on the NHS App once my local practice deigns to make my records available for me to consult via the NHS App.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

You have prompted my memory of what was stated in the paperwork for my vaccination. I got the same. Hopefully, it will be reiterated on the NHS App once my local practice deigns to make my records available for me to consult via the NHS App.
      Old Grumpy, ff et al. Sure - I've seen the updates on whatever I last used to access my vaccination records - and indeed all the Covid related ones seem to be there in full detail. However I found that if I want to find out if I've ever had some obscure vaccination which the NHS might be aware of I have to put in a request for a full vaccination record. Maybe it was always thus, but in the past I found that the staff in the medical practices I used would do all the slog - either looking up paper records or computer databases.

Now the way things are going, patients have to do all the work.

One more thing - despite any evidence to the contrary (!!) I am still capable of doing things like that, though probably not as fast as the people whose job used to include those activities as part of their job description, but there are surely any people who don't have the computer skills, or - sadly - the mental capacity - to be able to do those kinds of actions. This push back to the end user now seems to be part of life - and a not very welcome one at that.

On top of all this, it now sounds as though another round of exporting patient data to a foreign country for whatever reasons may be about to be pushed out as an idea - yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

It did seem to me that there could be better coordination/exchange of information between practices and the NHS. I had an invitation from the NHS to book a vaccination appointment and I assumed that the options would include the practice's clinic which by a fluke I happened to have heard would be on Oct 14th. As it turned out, that option was not offered and I booked with another pharmacy (a walk of almost 2 miles there and back for me). Having booked for yesterday, I then got a text from my practice (4 mins walk away) offering me an appointment for - the 14th, which I turned down.

I would have rearranged the appointment but as I was making a 2-night trip to London, back on the 13th, I wanted to get the vaccination before I went. But why did the NHS not offer me an appointment with my practice? (And why didn't the practice get its invitation out earler? They were more or less begging us to have our 'flu jab with them - which I did two weeks ago)? That said, there was probably some unforeseen glitch ...

At least going to the distant pharmacy I passed Tesco and bought a Chaource cheese which the Coop doesn't stock
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

It did seem to me that there could be better coordination/exchange of information between practices and the NHS. I had an invitation from the NHS to book a vaccination appointment and I assumed that the options would include the practice's clinic which by a fluke I happened to have heard would be on Oct 14th. As it turned out, that option was not offered and I booked with another pharmacy (a walk of almost 2 miles there and back for me). Having booked for yesterday, I then got a text from my practice (4 mins walk away) offering me an appointment for - the 14th, which I turned down.

I would have rearranged the appointment but as I was making a 2-night trip to London, back on the 13th, I wanted to get the vaccination before I went. But why did the NHS not offer me an appointment with my practice? (And why didn't the practice get its invitation out earler? They were more or less begging us to have our 'flu jab with them - which I did two weeks ago)? That said, there was probably some unforeseen glitch ...
          Something very similar was experienced by myself on the last couple of occasions: I contacted the surgery to ask them about having Covid jabs there, was told there were no arrangements for this to happen. The council in its regular online samizdat included notification that one should get ones jab, and to contact this number to arrange appointments. I did so, prioritising dates with pharmacies a couple of miles from where I live, and having made the appointments online, I then received notification that the local surgery, 5 minutes walk from me, was inviting me to have the jab! Like yourself I stuck to the original appointment, not for the same reason but because I didn't want to upset the pharmacy's booking arrangements.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            One thing I've noticed over the past few years is not experiencing any sensation whatever from the syringe needle, to my great relief, being something of a "needle phobic".
            I felt nothing this time and complimented the nurse. She said with some pride that other people had congratulated her too. I fleetingly wondered whether she had just pretended to do it while I was looking the other way in order to garner compliments, so the pain in my arm has been quite reassuring.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I had a tetanus jab recently. I carefully wrote it on the dogeared piece of cardboard that holds (virtually) all my jabs since I was a nipper in the 60s - immediately following the previous tetanus jab, which had been sometime last century! It's just useful to have some sort of record which doesn't depend on computers.

Comment

Working...
              X