Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, one could make a collection of such moments. Apparently Alec Guinness didn't think 'Star Wars' was much good, Douglas Bader never watched 'Reach forthe Sky' and Alfred Cortot never listened to his own records and didn't even own a gramophone.

I often wonder if Richard Attenborough ever watched those 'Jurassic Park' films he made to raise money for the films he really wanted to make.

Comment

....I don't know if it is just me....but I tried to watch Henry IV from the Hollow Crown....{they were spot on for Richard II) but were about 90 seconds out for HenryIV, I noticed on both ocassions I tried to get it going, that embedded over the titlespiece was the word "Sorry"....

....Oh how I do hate Tom Huddlestone....
      bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        ....I don't know if it is just me....but I tried to watch Henry IV from the Hollow Crown....{they were spot on for Richard II) but were about 90 seconds out for HenryIV, I noticed on both ocassions I tried to get it going, that embedded over the titlespiece was the word "Sorry"....

???

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
          Yes, one could make a collection of such moments. Apparently Alec Guinness didn't think 'Star Wars' was much good, Douglas Bader never watched 'Reach forthe Sky' and Alfred Cortot never listened to his own records and didn't even own a gramophone.

I often wonder if Richard Attenborough ever watched those 'Jurassic Park' films he made to raise money for the films he really wanted to make.
          Not only that . Guinness said on Parky that he realised it was a mega hit when they tried to shave a tiny percentage point off his royalties. It made him a multi millionaire.

Comment

I like the al pacino version of merchant of venice, brought it alive for me though the best was a performance in london at the globe. The standing tickets are great value.
            Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post

Yes, you've spotted a problem with my clarity of thought .........................what I refer to above is....I tried to watch Henry IV from Hollow Crown but the subtitles were about 90 seconds out of sinc'....I tried to sort this out but both times I noticed written in subtitles across the HenryIV masthead "Sorry"

ED:....seems fine today on my computer iplay....https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...iesId=p00s90hz
              Last edited by eighthobstruction; 16-10-23, 17:03.
              bong ching

Comment

That's the first disparaging comment I've seen about Tom. Each to his own opinion, of course, but I thought I'd balance it by saying how much I've enjoyed every performance of his I've seen. One of my favourites is the character of Oakley in Joanna Hogg's film Unrelated. There's a delightful 'blooper' where the principal character (Anna?) realises she's offended Oakley and says 'I'm so sorry, Tom'. No-one seems to have noticed and it was preserved in the DVD. It's one of those moments one looks out for, like the Land Rover in the very last shot of Ice Cold in Alex.

Comment

Working...
                X