X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
    I see that the last ever episode of Inspector Montalbano is on BBC4 tonight.
    The episode had a strange ending, I thought. For fans, the actual last Montalbano book by Andrea Camilleri, Riccardino, published posthumously, includes some clever writerly effects.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
      I see that the last ever episode of Inspector Montalbano is on BBC4 tonight.
      ....I will miss those high panaramic shots of town [last nights one of the best aspects]....
      bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        ....I will miss those high panaramic shots of town [last nights one of the best aspects]....
        Without wishing to drone on in my usual way, I would expect they would have had to get permission to do those, in case you were thinking along any such lines, 8th.

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post

- whether or not I agree, I did enjoy that 8tho !

The cast continued to impress me, not least Robert Glenister (“Kevin Salisbury”) - whose power and versatility is simultaneously on display in the Radio 4extra re-run of Dombey & Son:

Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

Difficult to believe that the imperious Dombey is played by the same chap as the dodgy Met copper with a heart of gold. Top stuff imvho.

Yes I agree Rumpole …. I thought in a fine cast he was outstanding ….. and sorry 8o and kb but I enjoyed every minute of it …..

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            Yes I agree Rumpole …. I thought in a fine cast he was outstanding ….. and sorry 8o and kb but I enjoyed every minute of it …..
            So did I, anton and Nick - I know it was a TV drama but the MT legacy seems too loom larger as the days go by!

Comment

• kernelbogey
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              the MT legacy
              ?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

....fair play Anton....I'm well known for being hardhearted and imaginative [it's got me nowhere].....I've got standards....Yep actors can act -quite so {and I love to watch and listen to them**]....but writers - should bloody well do a better job and stop letting down the working actor in the street....a lot of money gets spent on these programmes - and I'm very very perturbed and annoyed by the several people who write in to the Radio Times saying the opposite to what I think....(that Nick Armstrong is cut from the same clothe me thinks)....I suppose I better put one of these in ....

....** but not Roger Allam
                Last edited by eighthobstruction; 03-07-22, 23:37.
                bong ching

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                  ?

The Milk Snatcher perhaps ….. ????

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

I could say more but as we are an apolitical forum I’ll go no further!k

Comment

• kernelbogey
                      • Nov 2010

Thanks Anton, and Cloughie. As it was from Serial, I may have been looking for some further meaning hidden in the words.....

Comment

• seabright
                        • Jan 2013

Rob Brydon still pops up these days in "Would I Lie to You" but back in 2000 he and Julia Davis appeared in a series of 30-minute 'black comedy' spoof documentaries under the title "Human Remains." The first of these, "An English Squeak," was one of the funniest. Flick was reeling from the sudden death of her fiancée Geoffrey and had married their best man Peter while still distraught. To quote from the Wiki article on this episode: "The apparently bucolic aristo-existence of Peter and Flick is shadowed by an ailment on her part that makes physical intimacy impossible." Geoffrey had been what Flick describes as "medically a giant" while Peter has turned out to be small in every way, much to her exasperation. Well, she does have a bulky male masseur who pops in now and again and seems to give her a beneficial treatment. Anyway, such was her devotion to Geoffrey that Flick has had him buried in their back garden. Peter explains that "he's actually buried straight down, wearing his riding outfit, perfectly erect." To which Flick remarks: "How I like to remember him" ...

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

TV Quiz....name a programme where oodles of English actors go to France to be French while continuing to be English and also take the micky out of the English....[clue]-it's got Roger Allam disease....

Producers Note to Casting Director....please send actors who will be plausible French people yet still speak in RP capable of being understood by semi deaf people over 65....
                          bong ching

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

TV Quiz....name a programme where oodles of English actors go to France to be French while continuing to be English and also take the micky out of the English....[clue]-it's got Roger Allam disease....

Producers Note to Casting Director....please send actors who will be plausible French people yet still speak in RP capable of being understood by semi deaf people over 65....
                            Sun-kissed pile of predictable **** isn’t it…

I didn’t last long.

Apart from anything else, I have never seen (nor can I imagine) wine for a hifallutin’ reception in France being served from wine boxes

Nice Citroën DS though
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Spot on as always 8o

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

....it must have/and with new characters every week, it will cost large amounts to do such a production. Must be a huge amount spent on imaginary 'having lunch' situations.

....I would have been more happy if some Gallic gestures and postures had been used ....not enough hand gestures/exclaimations/lip twisting [with all this large budget being spent you'd have thought the characters would have had an all important Lip-Twisting coach as bare minimum]....Somewhere in this episode I thought it would be better if the actors continually swung and flicked their fingers, shrugged negatively [all that Alor and Bof stuff] - while English dialogue would be replaced by unintelligable French sounding grunts....The dialogue would then be consumed via sub-title as in Montalbano....Allam needs French Greeting Kissing coaching too....
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X