Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the first was so good, extraordinary in fact, that a second faces a very high hurdle ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

This is not about Frank Bridge then.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        This is not about Frank Bridge then.
        No. It's a thriller - a sort of suspension Bridge.

(I've got my coat, but I am looking forward to this!)

Comment

Originally posted by mangerton View Post

(I've got my coat, but I am looking forward to this!)
          I'm waiting until series four before I make my coatworthy comment.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
            I say, that's awfully good...
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              I'm waiting until series four before I make my coatworthy comment.
              Yes, that occurred to me too. I hear accommodation has been booked in Edinburgh.

Comment

how did Eric Coates get in here?

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  I say, that's awfully good...
                  But not very funicular

Comment

Bumping this: 35 minutes to go to Episode 1

Comment

Bumping this: 35 minutes to go to Episode 1
                      Mrs. PG and I watched all of season three of 'Borgen' yesterday. (We're both suffering from the lurgi!).

So we are really looking forward to the new season of 'The Bridge'.

Comment

Very satisfactory first package. What I love about Scandinoirs is their 'less is more' and 'let the camera / actors faces and gestures tell the story'. Silences, whole sequences where there are precious few words, yet the SL development is made visually and atmospherically clear. And how cleverly they are using the bridge as a complicating and ever burgeoning symbol on all sorts of levels.

Saga is as Aspergers abrupt, Martin more complex and varied. Unexpected development of compassion in the brother protecting his younger sibling, and very clear signs of divisions in the plotters already.

Lots to relish.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                          Very satisfactory first package. What I love about Scandinoirs is their 'less is more' and 'let the camera / actors faces and gestures tell the story'. Silences, whole sequences where there are precious few words, yet the SL development is made visually and atmospherically clear. And how cleverly they are using the bridge as a complicating and ever burgeoning symbol on all sorts of levels.

Saga is as Aspergers abrupt, Martin more complex and varied. Unexpected development of compassion in the brother protecting his younger sibling, and very clear signs of divisions in the plotters already.

Lots to relish.
                          Oh yes! Although I'm kind of regretting not awaiting until the series finishes so we could watch it all on DVD in a very short space of time. Are there to be two episodes each week?

Comment

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                            Oh yes! Although I'm kind of regretting not awaiting until the series finishes so we could watch it all on DVD in a very short space of time. Are there to be two episodes each week?
                            Yes, I like doing that too, but I think this might be rather too long. I see there are two episodes scheduled next Sat, so that appears to be the formula.

Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post

Lots to relish.
                              Intriguing and involving, as before, indeed. I was glad there was some follow-on from the first season (shame on me, I'd forgotten Martin's son August had been killed at the end of season 1 ) - a very well-conceived follow-up so far. The washed-out wintry Scandinavian look seemed even more extreme than before (certainly gives me no wish to live there); and the connection with the eponymous Bridge more tenuous save for the first few minutes...

A weekly 2 hour date, for sure

Comment

Intriguing and involving, as before, indeed. I was glad there was some follow-on from the first season (shame on me, I'd forgotten Martin's son August had been killed at the end of season 1 ) - a very well-conceived follow-up so far. The washed-out wintry Scandinavian look seemed even more extreme than before (certainly gives me no wish to live there); and the connection with the eponymous Bridge more tenuous save for the first few minutes...

A weekly 2 hour date, for sure
                                Totally agree Rumpole which I find worrying ........your AA needs you...it's French...

Comment

Working...
                                X