Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm...........am I stupid? WHEN is it being broadcast?

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      Erm...........am I stupid? WHEN is it being broadcast?
      As Cali mentioned parenthetically in #236, "date tba".
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Thx.

Comment

There’s a new Swedish police thriller starting tonight at 11pm on Channel 4 (with all subsequent episodes on C4 too, unlike some of their foreign offerings): Before We Die

https://inews.co.uk/culture/televisi...die-channel-4/
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            (with all subsequent episodes on C4 too, unlike some of their foreign offerings)
            Not according to the second link you give: "Before We Die begins on Channel 4 on Tuesday January 16 at 11pm. The full series will be available on Walter Presents." (Which is also what my cheapo listings magazine says: "The rest of the series is available on More4".

Comment

... according to The Radio Times : "After tonight's episode the entire series [of Before We Die] will be available on All4. The series also continues next week on Channel 4." [... my emboldening].

Last edited by vinteuil; 16-01-18, 20:59.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                .... according to The Radio Times : "After tonight's episode the entire series [of Before We Die] will be available on All4. The series also continues next week on Channel 4." [... my emboldening].
                Oooh. Hope so! (Apologies to Cali for ever doubting!)

Comment

Good news; thanks Cali.

Anyone know anything about Jordskott? Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    Oooh. Hope so! (Apologies to Cali for ever doubting!)
                    No worries! (Ep. 2 shows up on C4 next Tuesday evening both on the electronic programme guide on my telly, and in the new Radio Times )

Comment

I think I've counted 60 Walter Presents series available on 4OnDemand. Which of the past series would anyone recommend ? I can't really manage anything longer than 8 episodes which limits the choice. I enjoyed Deutschland83 and Vanished by the Lake, couldn't get on with the ongoing Professor T, and watched too many episodes of Dicte.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                        I think I've counted 60 Walter Presents series available on 4OnDemand. Which of the past series would anyone recommend ? I can't really manage anything longer than 8 episodes which limits the choice. I enjoyed Deutschland83 and Vanished by the Lake, couldn't get on with the ongoing Professor T, and watched too many episodes of Dicte.
                        I don't have 4OnDemand so can only go by the ones that cropped up on terrestrial TV.

(The latter two series you mention didn't appeal at all when an episode was dangled on C4 - was rather glad, as I wasn't tempted to upgrade to be able to access 4OnDemand on the TV, which I'd have to do as I don't like watching on the computer... )

Just glanced through - the only one I could recommend would be the French political drama Spin (which was broadcast on More4). Each season is 6 episodes I think. Not the most sophisticated drama in the world but I did find it very watchable, sometimes gripping. The main character, wily political PR guru Simon, is interesting I thought. Worth a try

Comment

thanks for the recommendation - if Spin is not too sophisticated it should suit me fine ! I watch everything on computer and nothing on TV.

Comment

....I've tried several times recently to access All4/4ondemand....(a) stupid alphabet pad on screen controlled by tv pranger takes ages: me: 5minutes for 15 characters of password, then email address (b) says: you've done it wrong, go back to beginning stupid....and then I feel rotten for 30mins, then I give up for another month....pwwwshh

....I had previously been watch 4OD without any signing in till 1 year ago....
                            bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                              thanks for the recommendation - if Spin is not too sophisticated it should suit me fine ! I watch everything on computer and nothing on TV.
                              Do report back on Spin and tell us what you thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                                There’s a new Swedish police thriller starting tonight at 11pm on Channel 4 (with all subsequent episodes on C4 too, unlike some of their foreign offerings): Before We Die

https://inews.co.uk/culture/televisi...die-channel-4/
                                I'm catching up with all my recorded episodes of Before We Die (in place of the tedious Salamander currently on offer) - rather good so far, 2 episodes in...

Anyone else watched?

Comment

Working...
                                X