Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Good news: the fourth and final season of The Bridge is coming (date tba) - on BBC2 this time http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...017/the-bridge

Broadcast of this season now scheduled, 8 episodes starting FRIDAY 11 May on BBC2

(Promotion from Saturdays on BBC4?)
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Broadcast of this season now scheduled, 8 episodes starting FRIDAY 11 May on BBC2

(Promotion from Saturdays on BBC4?)
      Very much looking forward to it. Thanks, Cal.

Comment

I've just heard (one of those BBC cross-channel adverts) that all episodes - series 1 onwards- of The Bridge, are available on iPlayer.

(Generally we don't have the stamina for Scandi crime series but this one seems to have had such appreciation here that perhaps we should engage for the long haul from Series 1, Episode 1. And record the upcoming series to ensure we don't get caught out by expiry on iPlayer.....)

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
          I've just heard (one of those BBC cross-channel adverts) that all episodes - series 1 onwards- of The Bridge, are available on iPlayer.

(Generally we don't have the stamina for Scandi crime series but this one seems to have had such appreciation here that perhaps we should engage for the long haul from Series 1, Episode 1. And record the upcoming series to ensure we don't get caught out by expiry on iPlayer.....)
          Having picked up (somehow, somewhere) that a new series of The Bridge was coming, or perhaps had started, I went to iPlayer and found there series 1, 2 and 3 available for thirty days; and then that I had entirely missed series three, to my great astonishment.

So I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

In S3, Ep 1, all I've so far managed, Saga seems more extreme, and there are an awful lot of characters to get hold of.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
            this one seems to have had such appreciation here that perhaps we should engage for the long haul from Series 1, Episode 1. And record the upcoming series to ensure we don't get caught out by expiry on iPlayer...
            Yes you should

Comment

This thread seems to jump from comments after Series 2 to anticipation of Series 4 - but no mentions of Series 3. Nor can I find another Bridge thread.....

Surely S3 must have been discussed here?

(I've just binge-watched S3 on catchup. )

Comment

Sorry - not about Series 3. We've watched four episodes of series 1, and are hooked. (Only just realised its 10 episodes per series, not 6 - yet to break that news to Mrs CS). We also enjoyed Spiral (and long ago, Borgen) but we ration the number of series we get hooked on....limited TV watching time, particularly in the summer.)

Comment

Very dark opening episode to Series Four last night: 'some Forum members may find certain scenes upsetting' .

Saga looks different, despite her circumstances - very skilled acting.

Only one episode a week on Fridays, and only eight this time.

Time to lay in some Tuborg.

Some very signicant plot details in this episode, so I suggest...

...no spoilers please!

Comment

Do you think they have re-cut / edited / packaged because it IS for BBC viewers only one hour per week?
                    Very different to knowing there are two epis that follow each other?
                    I ask because it felt far faster and a tad trickier to follow who was whom, which side of the Bridge they come from - no breathing spaces at all - and I've watched all three previous series.

Shall watch with true interest, but....but....

And why move it from the trad BBC4 Scandi etc Sat night to Friday? Don't get that.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                      Very dark opening episode to Series Four last night: 'some Forum members may find certain scenes upsetting' .
                      Saga looks different, despite her circumstances - very skilled acting.
                      Only one episode a week on Fridays, and only eight this time.
                      Time to lay in some Tuborg.
                      Some very signicant plot details in this episode, so I suggest...
                      ...no spoilers please!
                      Yes - I'd forgotten how series 3 had ended so it was a bit of a shock: superb performance from Sofia Helin - great start to the new series.

(I'm watching on Saturday nights at the proper time - those pinko commies at the Beeb aren't disrupting my viewing habits! )
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Yes, I'm going to do so next week(s) too!

Comment

Hope this isn't a spoiler, but, watched Ep 1 ...

Ye Gods!

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                            Do you think they have re-cut / edited / packaged because it IS for BBC viewers only one hour per week?
                            Very different to knowing there are two epis that follow each other?
                            I ask because it felt far faster and a tad trickier to follow who was whom, which side of the Bridge they come from - no breathing spaces at all - and I've watched all three previous series.

Shall watch with true interest, but....but....

And why move it from the trad BBC4 Scandi etc Sat night to Friday? Don't get that.
                            I agree with all of the above; share those questions.

Furthermore, I watched the first ten minutes of Ep 1 again on iPlayer last night, as contingent tasks had distracted me when watching the start of the broadcast. I could swear that the first, gruelling scene had been slightly cut on iPlayer to make it less gruesome. Of course, impossible to verify - though others who watched the broadcast might sample the catchup version.

Yes, Sofia Helin quite remarkable.

Comment

There's a short interview piece with Sofia Helin in today's Observer.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                                Hope this isn't a spoiler, but, watched Ep 1 ...

Ye Gods!
                                That's not a spoiler, it's an appetiser !!

Looking forward to seeing it - nestling safely on the hard-drive under the telly for when a suitable hour presents itself for dark Bridge-based revelling

Comment

Working...
                                X