Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently listening to the Orlando Consort disk. For some reason I thought the word 'consort' indicated some instruments being used but no, it's all vocal. Not that I find it a problem, the music is truly delightful.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
      Currently listening to the Orlando Consort disk. For some reason I thought the word 'consort' indicated some instruments being used but no, it's all vocal. Not that I find it a problem, the music is truly delightful.
      They are in the process of recording a complete Machaut series on Hyperion, the latest disc released this year. They are very much in the tradition of performance which replaces instruments with vocalise (where there is music without text in the manuscripts, for example.) I quite like them - especially the very early recording of songs, and the later Machaut from their complete survey. They’re well worth seeing in concert - they give good concerts, they speak to the audience, explain what they’re doing etc,

Coincidentally I listened to some of their Machaut mass recording yesterday.
      Last edited by Mandryka; 04-10-23, 10:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
        The podcast of an old EMS on Machaut is only 15 minutes - short shrift - maybe it's the maximum time anyone passes on the Clapham omnibus.
        Just catching up with the most recent Machaut broadcast - great programme.

Previous episodes of EMS are shorter and mainly spoken with much shorter musical excerpts for rights reasons, I presume.

Comment

Working...
        X