Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosts as confused as anyone...but doing our best!

Comment

There are a number of people who have left or sadly passed on, whose undeleted posts in some still running threads are greatly treasured.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

I think this is a useful thread in that there is one place (TTN on Sounds) where the music can be accessed.
        I am still a bit vague as to what BBC Sounds is or how to listen to it. I don't use a smartphone or tablet in any way, shape or form for listening to music (or to anything else, unless checking bird calls in the field). I have never listened to TTN, at the time (because I'm in bed), or subsequently. I sometimes notice what's on Early Music on TTN, but have never worked out how to listen to it. So I'm afraid I have largely dropped out of the early music conversation here, much to my sadness, except for when ds used to ask me a question. I realise I miss a great many excellent performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
          I am still a bit vague as to what BBC Sounds is or how to listen to it. I don't use a smartphone or tablet in any way, shape or form for listening to music (or to anything else, unless checking bird calls in the field). I have never listened to TTN, at the time (because I'm in bed), or subsequently. I sometimes notice what's on Early Music on TTN, but have never worked out how to listen to it. So I'm afraid I have largely dropped out of the early music conversation here, much to my sadness, except for when ds used to ask me a question. I realise I miss a great many excellent performances.
          If you click on https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsui...flhawlw01QOKSZ , where does it take you? Does it allow you to listen? If not, you might need to subscribe to a proxy to access it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            If you click on https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsui...flhawlw01QOKSZ , where does it take you? Does it allow you to listen? If not, you might need to subscribe to a proxy to access it.
            Thanks Bryn - it takes me to a Virgin Media log-in...I'm not a subscriber....I can see Sounds on the BBC home page, and how to listen in real time, which I can do anyway...I don't listen on my PC....<<sigh>> I expect I'll work it out

Comment

Richard, it is heartening to know that I'm not the only person on the Forum to find the cyber-world a bit of a mystery.

If you Google Radio 3 Schedules it will take you to a week of programmes, and if you click on the one you want it will take you there. "BBC Sounds" (what a silly title) is just another word for i-player.

Comment

Tricky if you don't listen on a PC - that's the only way the i-Player can be accessed, AFAIK.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  Tricky if you don't listen on a PC - that's the only way the i-Player can be accessed, AFAIK.
                  I did wonder. I occasionally record a concert on R3 via my Sky box which enables me to listen again in digital sound via my hi fi system, but when recording radio (as opposed to TV) by that means, you don't get any programme information on screen, you simply specify the times you wish to record (and when it comes to playback you also can't fast forward, there's just a blue screen. So not very satisfactory). iPlayer via my "smart" TV only seems to work for TV programmes. My PC is in another room - doesn't fit in with my listening habits, not wired to hi fi system.....If I was starting again.....

It would be so much better if there was more early music on during the day

Comment

On my imagined R3Xtra, TtN would be repeated from 6:00am - Noon.
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                      On my imagined R3Xtra, TtN would be repeated from 6:00am - Noon.
                      It might tell them something about their audience, if they did that

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                        Thanks Bryn - it takes me to a Virgin Media log-in...I'm not a subscriber....I can see Sounds on the BBC home page, and how to listen in real time, which I can do anyway...I don't listen on my PC....<<sigh>> I expect I'll work it out
                        Sorry, something clearly went wrong with my posting of that link. It was meant to lead to a Radio 3 schedule page. I will be away from a computer until Sunday. I will try and sort it then.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                          Marianna Martines 1744-1812

Sinfonia in C major
                          Orchestra: BBC Concert Orchestra. Conductor: Johannes Wildner.

New name to me....
                          i'm cross-posting this link, largely in order to revive this thread.

The post didn't generate a comment, but I was impressed by the work of this pupil of Haydn - so perhaps not early music - who lived downstairs from him in Vienna, according to Catriona's post-announcement.
                          Last edited by kernelbogey; 07-04-22, 12:46.

Comment

Working...
                          X