Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse news still?

Musician and broadcaster Catherine Bott joins Classic FM to present ambitious 150-week series.

Is this the result of the edition of EMS being axed? One way or another, it serves Radio 3 right!
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    http://www.classicfm.com/music-news/...erything-bott/

Is this the result of the edition of EMS being axed? One way or another, it serves Radio 3 right!

I repeat:

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

"...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

"I'm delighted to welcome her to the Classic FM family for this ambitious, exciting and, I hope, groundbreaking series, which I'm confident our audience of 5.6 million weekly listeners will love."

You bet they will! Classic FM bites back - and good for them!
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Very very very best of good luck to Catherine Bott though....!!!
        bong ching

Comment

Our loss is their gain.

Good luck Catherine Bott.

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
            Our loss is their gain.

Yes I would second... sorry, third that *sob*
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Good for you, Catherine. BBC doesn’t deserve you, and I join eight and salymap. Very Best Luck. You deserve all the respect and enthusiasm that will greet you. I almost wish others will follow you, then Radio3 will know what it has done to itself.

All the same, I can’t tell you how much I shall miss you on Radio 3.

Comment

Catherine, likewise from me. The very best of luck. For the first time, I'm going to tune a preset button on my car radio to Classic FM. This is a tragedy for Radio 3.

Comment

"Over the course of three years, Bott will shine the spotlight on every area of classical music, answering questions about the genre – from "what exactly is 'classical music'?" to "how did Beethoven manage to compose music when he was deaf?" "

Perhaps the BBC will lodge a complaint that Classic FM is invading Radio 3's territory, making classical music "accessible" to new listeners.

Comment

I shall certainly be tuning in for the shows dedicated to film music

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                      "Over the course of three years, Bott will shine the spotlight on every area of classical music, answering questions about the genre – from "what exactly is 'classical music'?" to "how did Beethoven manage to compose music when he was deaf?" "

Perhaps the BBC will lodge a complaint that Classic FM is invading Radio 3's territory, making classical music "accessible" to new listeners.

CFM get Catherine Bott from R3 and R3 get Katie Derham from CFM.

Says it all really. Good luck to Ms Bott in her new role which - it appears to me anyway - could easily have been one of R3's "educate and entertain" programmes.

One suspects that there is much ado in the corridors of R3 and Ms.Bott may not be the only one exiting stage left.
                      O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
                        Our loss is their gain.

Believe it or not you will still be able to hear her!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                          Believe it or not you will still be able to hear her!
                          I just read this on a blog from two months ago about Classic FM (NB blogger is a BBC employee):

"But listen carefully and you’ll find presenters not only being conversational but also hinting at their musical background, knowledge and experience. It’s the same as Radio 3 is doing with its on-air presentation only the other way around. That’s a good thing. Because it means that the likes of me end up rather liking listening to Classic FM."

He'll like it even more now.

Comment

This is a loss but I am happy for Catherine. I have loved her shows and also seeing and speaking with her at the York Early Music Festival. This is just the beginning of BBC3 heading down the road to ramrod, wreckage and ruin to the tune of music from the movies, haiku, text messages, twitter.

I can't wait for them to use Tweet on Down the Yellow Brick Road as the theme music for R3.

Our loss, but Classic FM and Catherine's gain.

Comment

There once was a lady called Botty
                              Who CFM thought was top totty
                              They thought she was sweet, because she could tweet
                              And Radio 3 is now grotty

(ok, I'll get me coat...)

Comment

Working...
                              X