Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No news for a while about Catherine...has anyone been listening to her CFM programme recently? Any comments?

Comment

I listened the other week - see my post.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        No news for a while about Catherine...has anyone been listening to her CFM programme recently? Any comments?
        No, but CFM's listening figures were up 5% on last year!
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          No, but CFM's listening figures were up 5% on last year!
          And the more useful measure, total hours spent listening to CFM is down by 2.5% - must be people switching off after a few minutes of her programme, don't you think? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
            And the more useful measure, total hours spent listening to CFM is down by 2.5% - must be people switching off after a few minutes of her programme, don't you think? ;-)
            I haven't listened to her program, so I don't know if people are switching off after a few minutes of her program. I can say I do after several of R3's programmes.

:-)

Comment

Why do some people keep making derogatory comments about CFM? Does it make them feel somewhat superior? CFM does what it says it does. If it’s not something you chose to listen, that is no reason to sneer at it.

Comment

The standard is now more demanding on its listeners, I suppose. Actually, listeners are on average listening to the station 30 mins less per week, so it would probably mean that those who listen to the programme conk out, mentally exhausted, just before the end

ds, I think Zucchini was getting one on me!
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Now Petroc Trelawny is smarming all over Music Matters another Radio 3 programme to stop listening to . I find his oleaginous presentation style quite insufferable and have done ever since he was first recruited from Classic FM and was presenting On Air .

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                    oleaginous.
                    I do love this word - it makes me think of the honey that dripped onto my carpet the other day, which then got stuck to the underside of my shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
                      Why do some people keep making derogatory comments about CFM? Does it make them feel somewhat superior? CFM does what it says it does. If it’s not something you chose to listen, that is no reason to sneer at it.
                      I enjoy listening to Classic FM as well as Radio 3 at various times of the day. There are one or two presenters at Classic FM that I try to avoid equally there Radio 3 programmes that I pass up too. On the whole I can find a satisfying listening mix from both stations.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        s, I think Zucchini was getting one on me!
                        I was no more serious than you were (I hope) in drawing attention to a 5% rise in listeners since the arrival of Catherine's programme.

Comment

I was no more serious than you were (I hope) in drawing attention to a 5% rise in listeners since the arrival of Catherine's programme.
                          Well spotted! Yes, it was tongue-in-cheek

Comment

Working...
                          X