Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
    Can somebody PLEASE return this thread to its original purpose - to discuss Kent Nagano's analysis and performance of Bruckner's 8th Symphony?

There is a Thread for Politics available on the Forum "Menu" for members to discuss, promote or rubbish their fellow members political views.

I am reminded of the words of the old 4th horn from the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra in 1965 when I invited their entire horn section to my house for lunch: (The Berlin Wall had still not fallen)

He said to me: "I like so much your country. Keine politik, Keine politik."

HS
    Oh please

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Oh please
      Oh please what?
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
        Oh please what?
        How about, 'Please stop abusing this forum to angle for a discount on your Sky package'?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          How about, 'Please stop abusing this forum to angle for a discount on your Sky package'?
          Erm......in what way am I abusing this forum by joining in a discussion of Sky Arts programming? It is Amateur who has waded into this thread with his predictable anti-Murdoch ranting and succeeded in derailing it.

Direct such comments to him.
          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Erm......in what way am I abusing this forum by joining in a discussion of Sky Arts programming? It is Amateur who has waded into this thread with his predictable anti-Murdoch ranting and succeeded in derailing it.

Direct such comments to him.
            OK taking your points one at a time ...

1) ".....in what way am I abusing this forum by joining in a discussion of Sky Arts programming? "

The Radio 3 Forum: Terms and Conditions of Use

The main purpose of this forum is to promote discussion of BBC Radio 3 and its programming.

I have already explained how I feel that discussing SkyArts programming in a promotional way like this thread is contrary to this.

2) "It is Amateur who has waded into this thread with his predictable anti-Murdoch ranting and succeeded in derailing it."

If my response is predictable, as you assert, then this thread is clearly provocative, which also against the House Rules.

I have provided a link to SkyArts' twitter account for you & others to discuss its programming.

Comment

OK taking your points one at a time ...

1) ".....in what way am I abusing this forum by joining in a discussion of Sky Arts programming? "

The Radio 3 Forum: Terms and Conditions of Use

The main purpose of this forum is to promote discussion of BBC Radio 3 and its programming.

I have already explained how I feel that discussing Sky Arts programming in a promotional way like this thread is contrary to this.

2) "It is Amateur who has waded into this thread with his predictable anti-Murdoch ranting and succeeded in derailing it."

If my response is predictable, as you assert, then this thread is clearly provocative, which also against the House Rules.

I have provided a link to SkyArts' twitter account for you & others to discuss its programming.
              For God's sake, this is really becoming extremely tedious......

The main purpose of this forum is to promote...etc...
              Take a look at that word in bold. Main purpose. Not only purpose. If that were the case, the forum would be very sparse indeed, and all your posts on GCHQ, Prism, Steven Lawrence, Murdoch, Gay Marriage, and your other political hobby-horses, would have no place here.

I contend that a discussion of music related programming on an Arts based TV Channel is far more worthy of forum space than any of the above. Or do you think that competitors to the BBC should not be discussed? Or that the BBC is such a sacred institution that it should somehow have a monopoly?

And you have a hell of a nerve complaining of provocation. You wade into any thread that has the merest mention of Sky or Murdoch with your sledgehammer "wit" and tedious arguments and thus turn a thread that was, like this one, a discussion of a broadcast of Bruckner 8 into a slanging match. You are the one doing the provoking. As I have said more times than I care to remember, if discussion of Sky Arts annoys you so much, then STAY OFF THE THREADS!!! The idea that any such discussion should not take place here simply because you don't like Mr. Murdoch is preposterous.

I, and I am sure others, will continue to discuss such subjects as last night's Death In Venice relay, or any other music programming on Sky Arts. If you wish to join in the musical side of the discussion, feel free. Otherwise, stay away.

Mark Twain.

Comment

For God's sake, this is really becoming extremely tedious......

Take a look at that word in bold. Main purpose. Not only purpose. If that were the case, the forum would be very sparse indeed, and all your posts on GCHQ, Prism, Steven Lawrence, Murdoch, Gay Marriage, and your other political hobby-horses, would have no place here.

I contend that a discussion of music related programming on an Arts based TV Channel is far more worthy of forum space than any of the above. Or do you think that competitors to the BBC should not be discussed? Or that the BBC is such a sacred institution that it should somehow have a monopoly?

And you have a hell of a nerve complaining of provocation. You wade into any thread that has the merest mention of Sky or Murdoch with your sledgehammer "wit" and tedious arguments and thus turn a thread that was, like this one, a discussion of a broadcast of Bruckner 8 into a slanging match. You are the one doing the provoking. As I have said more times than I care to remember, if discussion of Sky Arts annoys you so much, then STAY OFF THE THREADS!!! The idea that any such discussion should not take place here simply because you don't like Mr. Murdoch is preposterous.

I, and I am sure others, will continue to discuss such subjects as last night's Death In Venice relay, or any other music programming on Sky Arts. If you wish to join in the musical side of the discussion, feel free. Otherwise, stay away.
                You're incorrect Mr Pee. Platform 3, for example, is the place where anything can be discussed. The Negano thread under discussion is under the Performance heading "LIVE in Concert, the Lunchtime Concert, Afternoon on 3". i understand that you may be unfamiliar with these headings, the are the titles of BBC Radio 3 programmes - you don't seem to listen to Radio 3 much.

People who subscribe to Sky Arts will already know, if they are interested, about the Nagano/Bruckner programme. The rest of us who do not subscribe to SkyArts, will not be able to take part because we haven't seen the programme. Even you can surely can see the incongruity of posting about something about which the majority of Board members can pass no informed comment.
                Last edited by Guest; 25-06-13, 21:10. Reason: capital P; trypo spotted by Mr Pee

Comment

You're incorrect Mr Pee. Platform 3, for example, is the place where anything can be discussed. The Negano thread under discussion is under the Performance heading "LIVE in Concert, the Lunchtime Concert, Afternoon on 3". i understand that you may be unfamiliar with these headings, the are the titles of BBC Radio 3 programmes - you don't seem to listen to Radio 3 much.

People who subscribe to Sky Arts will already know, if they are interested, about the Negano/Bruckner programme. The rest of us who do not subscribe to SkyArts, will not be able to take part because we haven't seen the programme. Even you can surely can see the incongruity of posting about something about which the majority of Board members can pass no informed comment.
                  How many board members sat on the beach at Aldeburgh for Peter Grimes last week? Not many, is the answer you are looking for. Perhaps we shouldn't discuss that either. And since you know absolutely nothing about my listening habits, I'll ignore your snide comment, suffice to say that as I now work full-time, I do not have the luxury of listening as much as I would like.

And who, pray, is "Negano"?

Mark Twain.

Comment

How many board members sat on the beach at Aldeburgh for Peter Grimes last week? Not many, is the answer you are looking for. Perhaps we shouldn't discuss that either. And since you know absolutely nothing about my listening habits, I'll ignore your snide comment, suffice to say that as I now work full-time, I do not have the luxury of listening as much as I would like.

A little less of the sound and fury please MrPee - it adds nothing to your argument.

Negano is what I habitually call a trypo - thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Let it go, Mr Pee. You are only encouraging further pointless argument. Ignore and he will soon realise that he is only talking to himself.
                      As far as I am concerned, the sooner that the powers-that-be close this thread down the better for all concerned.

Hornspieler

Comment

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
                        Let it go, Mr Pee. You are only encouraging further pointless argument. Ignore and he will soon realise that he is only talking to himself.
                        As far as I am concerned, the sooner that the powers-that-be close this thread down the better for all concerned.

Hornspieler
                        We are in agreement, HS.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X