Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The importance of breakfast

Porridge made with Waitrose Organic Jumbo (rolled) Oats. 1 cup oats + 2 cups water: microwave 4-5 minutes. Teaspoon of salt after cooking (Nigel Slater advises this). Served with natural cane sugar and sometimes full milk.

Would that I were still in SE Hants (where I was brought up). A foot of snow here further East and we're eating the birds' suet cake for breakfast.

Comment

I think we have about 10cms here, although I haven't been out: a few gentle flakes still falling. BW kb

Comment

Midwinter spring is its own season
        Sempiternal though sodden towards sundown,

.... not that sodden though this year

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
          A foot of snow here further East and we're eating the birds' suet cake for breakfast.
          Desperate! I'm saving a lot of money because I'm too busy to go out or buy anything on the internet. The birds' suet cake is going green because the rotters don't come and eat it (too many local cats).

Breakfast is Luxury Organic Muesli from Scoopaway's bin, grapes or other fruit when I have it, and soya milk. Black coffee.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Well, our supper's going to be as healthy - niger seed nibbles followed by coconut halves.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
              Porridge made with Waitrose Organic Jumbo (rolled) Oats. 1 cup oats + 2 cups water: microwave 4-5 minutes. Teaspoon of salt after cooking (Nigel Slater advises this). Served with natural cane sugar and sometimes full milk.
              Mmmm yes, porridge is just the thing on these cold mornings. For a real treat I add brown sugar and a good swirl of Longley Farm extra-rich Jersey cream. I'm interested that the salt should be added after cooking. What difference does that make?

Comment

Sorry can't remember exactly what Slater said - it's just become my habit since reading that. Something to do with better texture I think. A thinly sliced banana added just after cooking is also a great treat!

Comment

Cooking Breakfast for the One I Love-- Annette Hanshaw

Comment

Don Petter
                    I hope the birds are getting your bacon and eggs (oops!!) in exchange.

Comment

Thanks Eudaimonia. The ingredients are also called for....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Kernelbogey: why am I suddenly thinking of this...?

Guilty conscience, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                        X