• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

and as I drove back from getting 4 new tyres
    4 at once? Are you a racing driver?

Comment

I discovered it by accident
      can't we just have a couple of hours of music of this elk? (sic)

At first I thought this exceedingly boring, but after a while, I could see how much more interesting it was than R3's morning shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        At first I thought this exceedingly boring, but after a while, I could see how much more interesting it was than R3's morning shows.
        Try this

Boring Formless Nonsense intervenes in an aesthetics of failure that has largely been delimited by the visual arts and its avant-garde legacies. It focuses on c…

Comment

They played this today

and as I drove back from getting 4 new tyres (£££ ) I discovered it by accident
          can't we just have a couple of hours of music of this elk? (sic)

who played it?

actually, it seems much beloved of Six Music, " the sound of Happy Motoring".

( hope you got a 4 for the price of 3 on the tyres)
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Sorry to mention it, but it's that Lark again, not Haydn's, unfortunately.

Comment

My new car radio has a touch screen which displays the name of the piece being played on Essential Classics, which means that by keeping it on mute I don't actually have to listen to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lento View Post
                Are they COMPLETELY lacking in imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by Lento View Post
                  ... ah well, at least they balanced it by also giving us the Pavanng pour une Enfanngt Defunngt this morning - personally I think we shd start our own version of Bingo/Housey-Housey - a line of three with (perm from... ) Lark Ascending, this Pavanng or the other one, the Albinoni, the Pachelbel, the Gipsy Rondo, Brahms Hungarian or Dvorak Slavonic...

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                    ... ah well, at least they balanced it by also giving us the Pavanng pour une Enfanngt Defunngt this morning - personally I think we shd start our own version of Bingo/Housey-Housey - a line of three with (perm from... ) Lark Ascending, this Pavanng or the other one, the Albinoni, the Pachelbel, the Gipsy Rondo, Brahms Hungarian or Dvorak Slavonic...
                    :-)

But then they give us a jewel like the Newmark violin concerto today and it shows they can do it if they want to ... veins of quality still shining through but degraded by management box-tickers and bonkers production values.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post
                      :-)

But then they give us a jewel like the Newmark violin concerto today and it shows they can do it if they want to ... veins of quality still shining through but degraded by management box-tickers and bonkers production values.
                      Ahem... Goldmark I think.

But yes, I agree - I enjoyed hearing that for the first time. Lovely slow movement.

And Milstein is one of the very few violinists I could listen to all day and all night - sovereign playing. Just right.
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post
                        Yes - I have noticed that if you join the programme after 10:30 the Music and presentation does improve.
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          Yes - I have noticed that if you join the programme after 10:30 the Music and presentation does improve.

In fact....

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          Btw in case I were took amiss, I wasn't pleading that there should BE a 10.30 watershed (patronising crap before, full works in interesting performances after), merely in favour of turning on around 10.30 for some decent programming (faute de mieux earlier)
                          I would continue to plead in favour of the 10.30 watershed. After that, it's much better. OK at 10.30 RC played Liszt's Tasso, about which the less said the better (but some people like that sort of thing and it's at least not a regular war-horse), but after that, I managed to coincide with Foulds's April-England, always welcome and captivating, and then Sokolov playing the Chopin Op.28 Preludes complete, which I was very interested to hear.
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

In fact....

You are Martin Peters - I claim my £5 .......

Comment

Great minds think alike - it's just that some take a little longer to get there!
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                                Great minds think alike - it's just that some take a little longer to get there!
                                But from now on, thanks to Rumpole, we will all take 90 minutes to get there ......

Comment

Working...
                                X