Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
    Moaning amongst yourselves in your tiny circle is like old duffers in the pub complaining about the beer when the landlord is absent
    And using that simile, what would be the equivalent of occasionally popping up here, having a random 'go' and popping off again?

I'm thinking: the village loon who totters into the pub, hurls a bit of general abuse, and reels out again, still raving...

At least order a blooming pint !
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

But not necassarily unseen. Moaning amongst yourselves in your tiny circle is like old duffers in the pub complaining about the beer when the landlord is absent
      Some people just can't accept the views of others when they don't match their own. It's called free speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        At least order a blooming pint !
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

But not necassarily unseen. Moaning amongst yourselves in your tiny circle is like old duffers in the pub complaining about the beer when the landlord is absent
          I'm not complaining about the beer itself - just the fact that it's watered down so often. And I do complain to the landlord when the opportunity arises.

Comment

I just find other pubs.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              What troubles me is that we don't know who's responsible for what at the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/pro.../bbc-music-day
              Is it me or has anyone else read that url as containing the word "Mediocre"?...I must be tired or something!
              Best regards,
              Jonathan

Comment

Turned on Essential Classics this morning (by accident - like we all do) - actually found something interesting - guest was Will Gregory (composer) whose choice included Brittens Serenade for tenor horn and strings, and Mahler's 3rd Symphony. WG had some interesting things to say about the Mahler final movement (I thought). Quite a change from the usual inane stuff. In fact the whole program looked a slightly more interesting than usual, (Berwald, Part etc) - are they finally getting the message, I wonder - no not entirely, as listeners also had to suffer Part being played backwards, as well. Incidentally, I also wonder if Composers are eligible for royalties for their music being played backwards!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBennell View Post
                  I also wonder if Composers are eligible for royalties for their music being played backwards!
                  If it's played backwards the composer has to pay the royalties...

Comment

If it's played backwards the composer has to pay the royalties...

Comment

RC: "I've had one interesting answer, from Eric in Bognor: "Dohnanyi Father and Son".... No that's not the answer"

Subtitled version: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON ABOUT ERIC ?!?!

Surely Mr Davey can do away with this embarrassing crap...?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Surely Mr Davey can do away with this embarrassing crap...?

Comment

Perhaps Eric thought it was the 'Answering the question before last' Quiz, a la Two Ronnies.

(Horror, they might take this one up? )

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                            ... well, hope you're in funds - currently £2-50p per disc

[ ... but seriously - much recommended ]

The Naive 10 CD Sokolov set arrived today. On the positive side, you get all the original programme booklets. On the negative side, you also get four single CD jewel cases, one slim double CD jewel case and two 4 CD jewel cases (each of the latter with just 2 discs in them), though that last point may actually turn positive if you transfer the relevant CDs to double CD cases and use the 4 CD cases to replace similar but broken items.

The near-complete Art of Fugue recording currently playing and queued.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                              Perhaps Eric thought it was the 'Answering the question before last' Quiz, a la Two Ronnies.

(Horror, they might take this one up? )
                              He could.

Comment

Hang on... has someone spiked Rob's Bran Flakes...? What the flipping heck is Petroc doing with the BBC Singers on Hadrian's Wall????!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X