Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And let's not forget John White's Cello and Tuba Machine, though I doubt that'll get airtime under the Sam regime.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
      Bring back an all-nighter Satie Vexations, I say!
      I'll keep on repeating that....

Comment

And it would still finish long before Cage's Organ2/ASLAP has had its next note played, which will occur on Aug 5th 2026. The last note, if you remember was played on Feb 5th this year. The whole work will be completed in 2640.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
          Another 6 hour Saturday TTN listing for 1st June - the drivel has gone!!! Hopefullly.
          It's looking hopeful that the drivel has gone - we now have four 6 hours Saturday TTNs...
          Fingers crossed that tomorrow's TTN is the final 4 hour one.

Here's June the 8th.

Comment

Here's what we missed this morning - hopefully for the last time.
            Available to our European neighbours via EBU Notturno, e.g. Swedish radio https://sverigesradio.se/avsnitt/2374859

04:01 George Frideric Handel, Cardinal Benedetto Pamphili (author); Cantata Delirio amoroso: "Da quel giorno fatale" (HWV.99); Monique Zanetti (soprano), Musica Alta Ripa
            04:34 Johannes Brahms; 25 Variations and fugue on a theme by G F Handel Op.24 for piano; Claire Huangci (piano)
            04:59 Joseph Haydn, Harold Perry (arranger); Divertimento 'Feldpartita' in B flat major, Hob.2.46; Galliard Ensemble
            05:08 Oskar Morawetz; Overture on a Fairy Tale; Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Uri Mayer (conductor)
            05:19 Geronimo Gimenez; La Boda de Luis Alonso; Tornado Guitar Duo (duo)
            05:25 Joaquin Turina; Homenaje a Navarra; Niklas Liepe (violin), Niels Liepe (piano)
            05:32 Georg Philipp Telemann; Concerto for 3 oboes in B flat major; Peter Westermann (oboe), Michael Niesemann (oboe), Piet Dhont (oboe), Musica Antiqua Koln, Reinhard Goebel (director)
            05:41 Franz Schubert, Friedrich Schiller (author); Hektors Abschied D.312b; Christoph Pregardien (tenor), Andreas Staier (pianoforte)
            05:46 Fanny Mendelssohn; Allegro moderato for piano, Op 8 no 1; Sylviane Deferne (piano)
            05:52 Mel Bonis From Suite Orientale, Op 48/2: Prelude & Danse d'almees; BBC Symphony Orchestra, Rumon Gamba (conductor)

NB I've left the original Notturno times.
            Info from https://www.ebu.ch/files/live/sites/...%202024.pdf​

Comment

I see it started at 2.30 this morning instead of 3.00. But it's stll not really through the Night , is it. I did enjoy the Tchaikovsky while lying in bed, though Billy was wanting me to get up and give him his 'Felix'.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
                I see it started at 2.30 this morning instead of 3.00. But it's stll not really through the Night , is it. I did enjoy the Tchaikovsky while lying in bed, though Billy was wanting me to get up and give him his 'Felix'.
                You feed your goat cat food?

Comment

Billy is not amused.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
                    Here's what we missed this morning
                    And I heard R3 peddling the idea, without evidence, that 'Essential Classics [is a] mix to boost mental wellbeing, featuring a selection of tracks to help you feel soothed and calm'.

No different than a current tv ad for a brand of fabric conditioner that leaves your kitchen drier blasting sunshine into the kitchen from its open appliance door,,,!

Comment

Frankly, after wrestling with the current schedule map, I strongly feel that without proper AUDIENCE consultation, we have been seriously betrayed and abandoned by the BBC / R3 management.

Did they re-sort the schedule over a casual afternoon mug of tea with ESP the Radio 2 team?

The evenings have been particularly screwed up.

Not looking forward to winter 24/25 mix at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

And I heard R3 peddling the idea, without evidence, that 'Essential Classics [is a] mix to boost mental wellbeing, featuring a selection of tracks to help you feel soothed and calm'.
                        No chance of them delivering us Penderecki's Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima then.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

No chance of them delivering us Penderecki's Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima then.
                          According to BBC Genome, it was included in TTN on 3rd September 2005, and hasn't been aired on Radio 3 since 1st January 2016, when it formed part of Episode 3 of a series called 'New Year, New Music'. These 2 performances (different orchestras) were both introduced by Jonathan Swain. There are 22 'hits' in all on the Genome for this work, including a request sent into 'The Young Idea' that was played on 30th September 1969 in an episode inspired (if that's the right word) by war.
                          Last edited by LMcD; 12-05-24, 06:34.

Comment

Working...
                          X