Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struck lucky in Hull, today. Lots of light music, musicals amongst others.

Sunday in the park with George - original cast
    Gypsy - original cast
    A little night music - original cast
    Malcolm Arnold symphonies 7 & 8 - Vernon Handley
    Mark-Anthony Turnage - Drowned Out, Momentum, Kai & Three Screaming Popes - Rattle

£3.25 the lot.

Comment

Rossini Italian in Algiers £3 VPO/Abbado in Aldeburgh today. I see RO rather damned it with faint praise in Gramophone as not being funny enough .

Comment

Found this afternoon in St Gemma's Hospice shop in Meanwood, Leeds - Schubert's Winterreise from Ian Bostridge and Leif Ove Andsnes, for the bank-breaking sum of 25p!

Comment

The Beethoven Symphonies, No 7, Klemperer and the Philharmonia, the original LP, 33Cx 1369, in near-mint condition (this would be from 1956)! £1.49. I played it last night. Marvellous, who needs stereo, the various strands perfectly clear, the woodwind prominent, tight rhythms, huge drama...

(in fact, of course, on modern stereo, the actual timbre of the woodwind sound is audible and much more realistic...)

Comment

Schubert D960 and various Impromptus and Moment Musicaux - Wilhelm Kempff £1.99 Oxfam - what wonderful Schubert playing . Schubert of my dreams .

Comment

Not cheap (well, it was Oxfam in York, the branch near the Minster) - Emil Hartmann Chamber Music on daCapo. It was still in the shrink wrap! Still, £6 is cheaper than new from anywhere else. Looking forward to giving this a spin, hopefully tomorrow. Mind you, I do have a CD review I've been asked to write but I think I'll leave that for now and hear the Hartmann!
              Best regards,
              Jonathan

Comment

Camborne BHF 3 for £1 - a purchase yesterday which included a Kiri CD and a Renee but the gem for me was tge Jazz influenced ‘As time goes by’ album by Alfie Boe. Maybe doesnot light everyone’s candle but hits the mark with me!

Comment

Got the first four Batman Movies on DVD unopened for £1. No intention of watching them, but older son has claimed it.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                  X