Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gramophonic View Post
    I'm fairly sure I asked my musically minded headmaster at primary school the same question or a similar one, I definitely brought the tape in to school to show it off to my friends, none of them got it lol but he did and kindly gave me more tapes.

My dad's music is the heavy side of classic rock (deep purple especially) and mum isn't at all musical, but they did make an efert to show me lots of different kinds of music. I had quite an eclectic tape collection, mostly things that had been borrowed from the library then dubbed onto another tape. I am totally blind and have been from birth, so they possibly thought I was going to do something with music anyway!
    The new world was definitely a lightbulb moment for me and I can well imagine it being so for other young people.
    If I could be allowed to digress, I am wondering what kind of technology allows you to read the posts here. I am a Physician and I have many patients that have lost their sight that would benefit from such technology.
    And-did you take up an instrument?

Comment

Originally posted by Lordgeous View Post
      Ah, those handsome 78rpm sets.... I have a cudboard full of them (inherited). Do I have energy and will power to transfer and edit them? And is it worth doing? I did one many years ago which turned out quite well - Heifitz/Beecham Mendlessohn Violin Concerto.
      I should think most if not all of your 78pm set have been transferred to CD by now. Certainly the Heifetz / Beecham Mendlessohn VC has and is readily available to hear at the click of this link ... ...

Comment

Working...
      X