X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
    ... that place in Cecil Court?, :
    Orchesography.

Yes, many a lunchtime walk up from Whitehall to Templar Records and then Cecil Court

Comment

While looking through a few Amazon listings recently, I came across a Marketplace seller with the name Harold Moores (London) -

Out of interest I emailed them and got a polite reply to say that the seller account is being run by an ex-staff member of the
      Harold Moores shop - no names given. From the earliest feedback dates it looks like the account was started about a year
      before the shop closed.

A quick random check of a few items in the shop inventory suggests that the prices are towards the higher end of the spectrum.
      However, the single item postage charge of £4.75 does seem rather unrealistic. A total of 26 buyer feedback ratings in over
      3 years, despite having an inventory of over 3000 items, suggests that something is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by sgjames View Post
        A quick random check of a few items in the shop inventory suggests that the prices are towards the higher end of the spectrum.
        Sounds like the Harold Moores that I remember

Comment

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
          Don't forget the items which were priced towards the lower end of the spectrum but turned out not to be in their 'filing system'.

Comment

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
            Me too! And the staff there tended to be grumpy and not particularly helpful, whenever I visited. But I do so miss the place - somehow shuffling ones way through racks of real albums is so much more preferable than searching on websites. I could spend as long an an hour in there, looking through the huge quantities of rare recordings, having perused the vinyl in the racks out front before girding my loins and entering.

Comment

Working...
            X