Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just bought my first item on Discogs - I was reluctant to use Discogs, but they had a CD there which I need to give as a present and which I'd only previously been able to locate on eBay going for ridiculous money and being shipped from Japan. I'm a bit concerned, though, that the receipt tells me I've paid £7.00 but that the 'final amount' might be different owing to charges made by my credit card company. I don't appreciate that kind of vagueness. I've heard stories of people refusing to pay for items of clothing when they attract undisclosed delivery charges running into hundreds of pounds. Anyone know anything more about this?

Comment

Originally posted by ChandlersFord View Post
      I've just bought my first item on Discogs - I was reluctant to use Discogs, but they had a CD there which I need to give as a present and which I'd only previously been able to locate on eBay going for ridiculous money and being shipped from Japan. I'm a bit concerned, though, that the receipt tells me I've paid £7.00 but that the 'final amount' might be different owing to charges made by my credit card company. I don't appreciate that kind of vagueness. I've heard stories of people refusing to pay for items of clothing when they attract undisclosed delivery charges running into hundreds of pounds. Anyone know anything more about this?
      The charges aren't all delivery, they can also include charges which the delivery company has to collect for a third party - various taxes etc - https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...e-post-brexit/ Don't know what the situation is about the credit card company claiming it might make extra charges, unless it's to cover costs they pay direct rather than the delivery company collecting.

Comment

I ordered a CD from Momox (via eBay), no problems whatsoever. Same with JPC - only €6 for postage from Germany to the UK. No issues with customs and no problems!
        Best regards,
        Jonathan

Comment

A related issue: I had an email from jpc in Germany offering me 20% off my next order. I had used such offers before several times. I had been eying up this temptingly priced madrigal set from La Venexiana - https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/det...e/hnum/4282383. In I went, but when I entered the discount code a message came up saying it was only valid in the EU. Thanks, Mr Farage! I may still go ahead, but in annoyance I abandoned the order at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
            ...discount code a message came up saying it was only valid in the EU. Thanks, Mr Farage! I may still go ahead, but in annoyance I abandoned the order at that point.
            I had the same thing (which is why I made the order I mentioned above) - however, I figured what the heck and placed it anyway as most of the items were on special offer anyway.
            Best regards,
            Jonathan

Comment

On Friday morning, ordered the "Karl Bohm Complete Orchestral Recordings on DG" set from Amazon Italy (around £103 delivered), and it arrived yesterday afternoon without issue. UK VAT appears to be added automatically at checkout.

Comment

Working...
              X