No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hafod View Post
    ANTHOLOGY OF THE RCO

Volumes 5, 6 & 7 of this wonderful series are available from Amazon.de for €13.51, 19.62 & 19.62!!

It can't last and may not be honoured but worth a punt.

Just put 'Anthology of the RCO' into the search box and each box comes up in order (I am not posting a link as it may throw up my details as I have just placed an order).

Good hunting!

Stop Press: Vol 4 at Amazon.uk for £12.71 altho' listed 'temporarily out of stock' - sometimes a bad sign.
    German site still has these prices and will allegedly deliver me vols 6-7 (I have 5) 18-24 October.

Didn't realise before today that my UK login worked on the German site

UK price for vol 4 is £90 now....

Comment

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
      UK price for vol 4 is £90 now....
      Bugger! That's the one I want! Came bargain-hunting a day late
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Bugger! That's the one I want! Came bargain-hunting a day late
        Volume 4 hasn't been available for quite some time - it sold out pretty quickly - and I don't think that there are any plans to reissue it, other than possibly as part of a bumper box of the whole lot (trailed on the Concertgebouw website last year as one of the highlights of the 125th jamboree but, of it, not a sign, alas). The German Amazon deal seems genuine. If I didn't have Vols 5 - 7 already, I'd order them like a shot. I recently got an e-mail from someone French - FNAC?? - offering Vol 6 at a lowish price so there may be some déstockage taking place.

Comment

John Coltrane complete Atlantic recordings. £20...

i paid much more than this a few years ago
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
            Volume 4 hasn't been available for quite some time - it sold out pretty quickly - and I don't think that there are any plans to reissue it, other than possibly as part of a bumper box of the whole lot (trailed on the Concertgebouw website last year as one of the highlights of the 125th jamboree but, of it, not a sign, alas). The German Amazon deal seems genuine. If I didn't have Vols 5 - 7 already, I'd order them like a shot. I recently got an e-mail from someone French - FNAC?? - offering Vol 6 at a lowish price so there may be some déstockage taking place.
            Yes, I keep checking the RCO website for this but dismayed to find that there is still no update. It's going to be very pricey when/if it appears so may be beyond my pocket.
            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Talking about bargains, I am a great fan of Naxos recordings (see my previous thread RE: Carl Stamitz ).
              Naxos will realease a new CD of pieces for two cellos on Monday 30th September 2013. Heavy stuff? Oh, no, not at all, something for everyone, from Monteverdi's Interrotte Speranze (yessss!!!!) to Arvo Part, also Purcell, Pergolesi, Schumann, Schostakovich, Saint-Saens and many more.

Artists include: Julian Lloyd Webber with wife Jiaxin Lloyd Webber, Catrin Finch, John Lenehan, Guy Johnston and BBC Young Musician of the Year Laura Van der Heijden.

Here's the full track list:

1. Camille Saint-Saëns | Ave Maria
              2. Astor Piazzolla | The Little Beggar Boy (Chiquilin de Bachin)
              3. Claudio Monteverdi | Interrotte Speranze
              4. Dmitri Shostakovich | Prelude from The Gadfly
              5. Gustav Holst | Hymn to the Dawn Op 26 No 1 (arr. for four cellos and harp)
              6. Roger Quilter | My Lady (Greensleeves)
              7. Anton Rubinstein | The Angel, Op 48, No 1
              8. Antonín Dvorák | The Harvesters, Op 38, No 3
              9. William Lloyd Webber | Moon Silver
              10. Robert Schumann | Summer Calm (Sommerruh)
              11. Giovanni Pergolesi | Dolorosa (Stabat Mater)
              12. Antonín Dvorák | Autumn Lament, Op 38, No 4
              13. Reynaldo Hahn | If my songs were only wingèd
              14. Sergey Rachmaninov | The Waves are Dreaming, Op 15, No 2
              15. Henry Purcell | Lost is my quiet for ever
              16. Antonín Dvorák | The Modest Lass, Op 32, No 8
              17. Robert Schumann | Evening Star (An den Abendstern) Op 103, No 4
              18. Ethelbert Nevin | O that we two were maying
              19. Joseph Barnby | Sweet and Low
              20. Roger Quilter | Summer Sunset
              21. Arvo Pärt | Estonian Lullaby

Available from Amazon at £5.68 (no, I did not forget the 1 in front of the 5!!!)

Comment

£4.99 delivered at the grocer.

Comment

Thanks, Hafod!
                  £4.99 for 21 gems, that must be the bargain of the thread!!!

Comment

This interesting cello disc was one of my first Naxos purchases.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation, Michela.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                        Good one, thanks for recommending it, Gurnemanz!
                        If you like the cello and Piazzolla and De Falla, have you tried Oblivion and Fire Dance?

Julian Lloyd Webber, cello, plays Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla from the CD 'Unexpected Songs'.www.julianlloydwebber.com

Julian Lloyd Webber plays Manuel de Falla's 'Ritual Fire Dance' with pianist Peter Pettingerwww.julianlloydwebber.com

Julian Lloyd Webber, accompanied by Pam Chowhan, plays Piazzola's soulful 'Oblivion' at the 2010 'Indian Sumer in Levoca' Festival (www.lblfestival.eu)

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                          Available from £2.25 incl P&P from the River People:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            Available from £2.25 incl P&P from the River People:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Tango-...le+grand+tango
                            Thank you! That is very cheap indeed for a great recording! I usually buy second hand CDs from Zoverstocks, also on Amazon, sometimes as cheap as 1p plus postage!!

Comment

Krauss 1953 Bayreuth Ring (Archipel) £11.99. (50 quid at MDT).

Comment

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                                Krauss 1953 Bayreuth Ring (Archipel) £11.99. (50 quid at MDT).
                                http://www.amazon.co.uk/RING-NIBELUN...ds=krauss+ring
                                - unmissable.
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X