• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parry1912
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    have you had the email yet, P?
    Sadly, yes.

Perhaps they should rename themselves as YouWantItWeHaven'tGotIt.
    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      Whack it into Google Translate - Battle of the Huns - and see also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunnenschlacht_%28Liszt%29
      Thanks D2K+2

Thats what I came up with. Well its a good rallying point for disappointed/let down music lovers.......
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        I also thought they had to honour quoted prices. A couple of years ago, one of our best price-error triumphs at Amazon was the 21 CD Real Chopin box. It was clearly a cock-up but they honoured it and some of us on here got it for £9.97 (I kept the receipt in the box as a trophy) - now selling at £130.46.
        I think you will find that was hmv.com, not Amazon.co.uk

Comment

• verismissimo
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by martin_opera View Post
          Has anyone else had the e-mail claiming that the Franz Liszt box set barcode has been mixed up with a Joe Cocker live DVD (God forbid!) My order has been cancelled. Did anyone actually receive the discs??
          Me too.

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            I think you will find that was hmv.com, not Amazon.co.uk
            I've got an Amazon receipt.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Yep,I've got the e mail cancelling the Liszt set.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                Yep,I've got the e mail cancelling the Liszt set.

Presume I have too!

Rumpole have we not entered a legally binding contract with consideration, the works.....

Are we not in the land of Carlill versus the Carbolic Smokeball Company? .......apologies if you have explained this 237 times before!

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                  I've got an Amazon receipt.
                  Oops. Quite right. My order placed on 4th January 2011 and dispatched on the 25th of that month:

Item(s) Subtotal: £9.27
                  Postage & Packing: £0.00
                  -----
                  Total before VAT: £9.27
                  VAT: £1.85
                  -----
                  Total: £11.12
                  -----
                  Total for this Delivery: £11.12
                  So what was the great bargain many of us got around the same time from hmv.com?

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Presume I have too!

Rumpole have we not entered a legally binding contract with consideration, the works.....

Are we not in the land of Carlill versus the Carbolic Smokeball Company? .......apologies if you have explained this 237 times before!

I always imagine the board legal experts to be rather like something out of Jarndyce vs Jarndyce....

anyway you may not have had that email yet , AG......
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

Presume I have too!

I have seen other "classic" cases, but not this one. See here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlill...e_Ball_Company

I haven't used this to interpret the current situation - though I expect there are differences.

Comment

• mathias broucek
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                        I have seen other "classic" cases, but not this one. See here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlill...e_Ball_Company

I haven't used this to interpret the current situation - though I expect there are differences.
                        My Liszt also cancelled. I'm fairly sympathetic - it WAS obviously an error and it was a marketplace seller range than the gargantuan Amazon organisation who IIRC honoured the Sinopoli 2nd Viennese School box.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

so why are the emails from amazon not the seller?

and incidentally, how are the cancelled orders marked on your accounts?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Just once: #3370 above
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• AmpH
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              [COLOR="#0000FF"]Certainly worth starting the ball rolling with Amazon by making a vociferous complaint. There is a contract when your acceptance corresponds with the seller's offer: so when you conclude your 'purchase' part of the transaction - item into basket, checkout, confirm order - that's the contract concluded right there imo.
                              Does there not also have to be something else, which I believe you legal chaps call " consideration ", as well as offer and acceptance to form a contract ? Or perhaps there already has been.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                                Does there not also have to be something else, which I believe you legal chaps call " consideration ", as well as offer and acceptance to form a contract ? Or perhaps there already has been.
                                I think the supply of payment card details and your clicking of 'confirm' thereby doing all you have to (or can do) in order to effect payment, would be sufficient consideration.

However, the niceties of defamation law are more my thing than contract. I recall learning a lot about the effect of 'mistake' on contractual relations - as that was in the early 1980s, I wouldn't want to 'busk' that aspect now without suitable perusal of the - ahem - authorities
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X