X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmpH
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    I think the supply of payment card details and your clicking of 'confirm' thereby doing all you have to (or can do) in order to effect payment, would be sufficient consideration.

However, the niceties of defamation law are more my thing than contract. I recall learning a lot about the effect of 'mistake' on contractual relations - as that was in the early 1980s, I wouldn't want to 'busk' that aspect now without suitable perusal of the - ahem - authorities
    Fair enough - better stop their, before you send out a bill !

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
      Fair enough - better stop their, before you send out a bill !
      What makes you think.....

Check your inbox!

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

I have now had a refund notification from amazon.co.uk, so they did debit my credit card.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

That seems pretty out of order, Bryn.

I still haven't had anything since my "dispatched " email at 12.02 Thursday........

Edit: the seller concerned isn't Liszting it at all now.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

The unmissable Clemens Krauss bargain Ring for £11.99 as spotted by maestro hafod recently has yet to arrive. I hope it's not another Amazon cockup deveeloping.

Comment

• Petrushka
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
              The unmissable Clemens Krauss bargain Ring for £11.99 as spotted by maestro hafod recently has yet to arrive. I hope it's not another Amazon cockup deveeloping.
              I don't think so. The delivery estimate from the start was October 15 - 18. Moreover, it appears, still at £11.99, on a promotional e-mail from Amazon sent less than 90 minutes ago headed 'classical box[sic] sets'. Against that, however, it now says 'temporarily unavailable' - never a good sign. I remain hopeful.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

.........dreaded barcode malfunction email arrived and also this

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on
                September 29 2013 (Order# 202-2349923-9577926).

Varney "DER RING DES NIBELUNGEN"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you
                as soon as we receive this information.

If you'd prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the
                link below:..........

Two out of two is bad......surely

Can they not appoint hafod at a mega salary as Quality Control Director........??

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Bad luck indeed , AG

was it that Ring Cycle specifically that you required?
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• hafod
                    • Nov 2010

Deutsche Harmonia Mundi (25 CD Edition) La Discotheque Ideale - £21.48 from Amazon.uk.

CD 1: Bach: Goldberg-Variations – Gustav Leonhardt
                    CD 2: Bach: Motets – Cantus Cölln
                    CD 3/4: Bach: Suites for solo cello – Hidemi Suzuki
                    CD 5: Biber: Requiem á 15 /Steffani: Stabat Mater – Gustav Leonhardt
                    CD 6: Boccherini: Concerti for violoncello / Sinfonias – Tafelmusik, Anner Bylsma
                    CD 7: Caccini: La nuove musiiche – Jordi Savall, Montserrat Figueras, Schola Cantorum
                    CD 8: Couperin: La sultane – Skip Sempé
                    CD 9: Frescobaldi: Messa della domenica – Canticum, Lorenzo Ghilemi
                    CD 10: Frescobaldi: Messa della Madonna – Canticum
                    CD 11: Purcell: Dioclesian suite /Handel: Concerto grosso, Il dulle amoroso – Freiburger Barockorchester
                    CD 12: Lassus: Requiem à 5 Magnificat – Pro Cantione Antiqua
                    CD 13: Lully: Divertissements – Capriccio Stravagante, Skip Sempé
                    CD 14: Marais: Fantaisie champêtre, Piece in trio – Ensemble Rebel
                    CD 15/16: Monteverdi: Vespro della beata Vergine – Cantus Cölln
                    CD 17: Pergolesi: La Serva Padrona – Maddalena Bonifaccio, Siegmund Nimsgern, Collegium Aureum
                    CD 18: Rameau: Hippolyte et Acricie, orchestra Suite – La Petite Bande, Sigiswald Kuijken
                    CD 19: Sainte Colombe: Pièces pour viole de gambe – Hille Perl
                    CD 20: Scarlatti: St. John passion – René Jacobs, Schola Cantorum
                    CD 21: Telemann: Concertos for woodwind instruments – Camerata Köln
                    CD 22: Frescobaldi, Gbrielli, Jacchini, Antonii: The Violoncello in the 17Th Century – Anner Bylsma
                    CD 23: Vivaldi: Avanti l'Opera, Rare opera overtures – L'Arte dell'Arco, Christopher Hogwood
                    CD 24: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons – Freiburger Barockorchester, The Harp Consort
                    CD 25: Zelenka: Missa Dei Filii – Tafelmusik

This appears to be a scaled down version of the 50CD box '50th Anniversary Edition' released in 2008.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                      I think the supply of payment card details and your clicking of 'confirm' thereby doing all you have to (or can do) in order to effect payment, would be sufficient consideration.
                      Caliban would be correct if there are no terms and conditions to displace the common-law presumptions. Unfortunately, usually there are and these typically delay the formation of a legally enforceable contract till round about when the goods are actually despatched
                      I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Zucchini
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                        Caliban would be correct if there are no terms and conditions to displace the common-law presumptions.
                        Quite so. And a relevant part of the Marketplace Participation Agreement of 29/8/13 reads as follows:
                        >
                        6. Amazon's Role Buyers authorize Amazon to act as their limited representative solely to conclude on their behalf sales contracts directly between them and the sellers for sales of goods via the Service. While Amazon helps facilitate transactions that are carried out using the Service, Amazon is neither the buyer nor the seller of the seller's items. Amazon is not an auctioneer. Amazon provides a venue for sellers and buyers to negotiate and complete transactions in accordance with the provisions of this Participation Agreement. Amazon is not the agent of the seller. Accordingly, the contract formed at the completion of a Fixed Price Sale is solely between buyer and seller. Subject to any assignment under clause B.6.3, the enforcement of any contractual obligations arising out of the completion of a transaction using the Service is the responsibility of the buyer and seller that are party to that transaction. Amazon is not obliged to mediate between buyers and sellers or enforce or execute fulfilment of any contract. Because Amazon wants you to have a safer buying experience, Amazon provides the Amazon A-z Guarantee in clause C.1 below, but otherwise buyers and sellers use the Site and the Service at their own risk. Subject to the terms of this Participation Agreement, the seller will resolve any subsequent dispute directly with the buyer, or under the Amazon A-z Guarantee described in clause C.1.7.
                        <
                        Note that the Amazon A-z guarantee is offered as a goodwill gesture only. Full text on Amazon website

Comment

• Dave2002
                          • Dec 2010

hafod msg 3339 re HM 25 CD set

Is everything also in the earlier box - which a quick check shows i already have? Could be good for anyone wanting to speculate - the earlier box is now up to over £300 new, and around £200 used. Perhaps anyone who didn't get Royal Mail shares could try this instead!

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            .........dreaded barcode malfunction email arrived and also this

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on
                            September 29 2013 (Order# 202-2349923-9577926).

Varney "DER RING DES NIBELUNGEN"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you
                            as soon as we receive this information.

If you'd prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the
                            link below:..........
                            Perhaps it's another barcode malfunction and we'll get an On the Buses DVD instead.
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                              hafod msg 3339 re HM 25 CD set

Is everything also in the earlier box - which a quick check shows i already have? Could be good for anyone wanting to speculate - the earlier box is now up to over £300 new, and around £200 used. Perhaps anyone who didn't get Royal Mail shares could try this instead!

I would LOVE to see somebody like the BBC economics experts recommending that , D2K+2 !!!
                              Last edited by teamsaint; 13-10-13, 21:35.

Comment

• Parry1912
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                                Perhaps it's another barcode malfunction and we'll get an On the Buses DVD instead.

"I hate you, Fafner"
                                Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Working...
                                X