Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just downloaded the Marzendorfer Haydn symphonies from Qobuz. Symphonies 52, 55, 56 and 57 are missing. I now see they're missing from the Qobuz website track list too. I've sent Qobuz a message just now and await a reply.

Are these symphonies missing from the 7digital download as well?

Steerpike

Comment

Originally posted by Steerpike View Post
      I've just downloaded the Marzendorfer Haydn symphonies from Qobuz. Symphonies 52, 55, 56 and 57 are missing. I now see they're missing from the Qobuz website track list too. I've sent Qobuz a message just now and await a reply.

Are these symphonies missing from the 7digital download as well?

Steerpike
      Also missing from 7digital, as I spotted when re-jigging the files after download into a more usable form. Just spotted that the Presto download (only slightly more expensive) claims to include them. Alas, with hindsight, this looks like being the better choice.

Presto's pricing means that any completist downloading only the four missing symphonies would pay more than for downloading the whole lot.

Comment

Thanks for the information gurnemanz.

I'm hoping Qobuz will be able to find the missing files but if not then I'll ask for my money back - sold as complete Haydn symphonies but isn't. Then over to Presto!

Comment

I will chase 7digital tomorrow. Last time this happened to me with them (Hrusa Asrael with only four movements) they fixed it, although it took a week or two.

Comment

When were these recordings made? I might splash out on the FLAC versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
              I will chase 7digital tomorrow. Last time this happened to me with them (Hrusa Asrael with only four movements) they fixed it, although it took a week or two.
              I have just written to 7digital asking them to investigate and resolve, either by making the missing symphonies available or by giving a full refund so that I can order from Presto Classical.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                I have just written to 7digital asking them to investigate and resolve, either by making the missing symphonies available or by giving a full refund so that I can order from Presto Classical.
                I've just done the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
                  There was also the Miaskovsky saga! Presto more expensive but maybe a more reliable supplier!

Comment

I have had a positive response from 7digital. They acknowledge the problem and are requesting the missing files from the relevant record label. They warn that it may take some time. I am happy to go along with that, as long as it does not take longer than a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      I have had a positive response from 7digital. They acknowledge the problem and are requesting the missing files from the relevant record label. They warn that it may take some time. I am happy to go along with that, as long as it does not take longer than a couple of months.
                      Ditto. Trouble is - or potential trouble is - that the chance for a refund times out after 14 days, so I guess it depends on what you consider 'taking some time'.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                        Ditto. Trouble is - or potential trouble is - that the chance for a refund times out after 14 days, so I guess it depends on what you consider 'taking some time'.
                        Oh, I think that, having accepted there was an error, they would be hard put to refuse a refund if they are unable to supply the missing files.

Comment

The four missing Haydn symphonies in the Marzendorfer set are also missing on Spotify but they can be found on Youtube if that is any help.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            There was also the Miaskovsky saga! Presto more expensive but maybe a more reliable supplier!
                            I ordered a Rachmaninov set from Presto and only got part of it, they offered money back and said they would chase the manufacturer for the rest but I never heard backfrom them.

Comment

After reading all these posts about the kerfuffle (de Pfeffel) about downloads, I am glad I have stuck to CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                                After reading all these posts about the kerfuffle (de Pfeffel) about downloads, I am glad I have stuck to CDs.
                                I take it that you have missed out on the problem of missing discs from boxed sets and, indeed, wrongly labelled discs containing music from a totally different genre from that denoted.

Comment

Working...
                                X