Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
    For those who may be wondering about the omission of Savall, Katy Hamilton has tweeted (sic) the following explanation: "I liked the Savall too - but with nearly 300 recordings to consider there's limited space! I don't consider period instrument recordings as a separate category, it's all part of the recorded legacy. And alas, none made my shortlist this time. "
    Well then, let's do it for ourselves with the HIPP recommendation - there are at least five period performances that I know of. Who gets your vote? I'm guessing from the comments on here already that it is likely to be Savall.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Pleased to see others have made the case for Haitink ahead of me. His Concertgebouw recording from the seventies was hard to obtain for a while.

My dad has a cassette tape of a BaL from around 1980 where John Warrack reviewed and Sir Bernard was the winner.

Yes, it was actually September 1978 - annoyingly, as far as I can tell it's never been released on CD except as part of an expensive box set.

Other BaL recommendations:

Edward Greenfield (September 89): COE/Abbado + OAE/Mackerras & BPO/Tennstedt also recommended
      Jonathan Swain (June 2000): BPO/Wand + Norrington "Highly Recommended"
      Last edited by Darloboy; 03-04-24, 12:01.

Comment

Darloboy I assume that was 1989 from EG ?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
          Darloboy I assume that was 1989 from EG ?
          Apologies, yes it was...

Comment

Working...
          X