Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
    I don’t know if it has been mentioned up thread but there is a YT clip of Ravel conducting Wittgenstein, about 100 seconds long
    Don't think so: can you provide a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Don't think so: can you provide a link?
      No, because I never learned how to make load links to the Forum. I saw the clip on Fb and found it easily in YT by typing Ravel conducts in to YT search engine

Comment

That would be this one?

…oh gosh, I notice that the ending there also has one bar less of the march music than in the score we know and love. I must actually read the editorial notes of the new edition rather than just the version in the CD booklet.

(…whether or not that’s actually Ravel conducting )
        Last edited by oliver sudden; 20-04-24, 07:43.

Comment

Well there’s this at least (they reckon it’s Désormière in the clip)

Le volume 4 de la Ravel Edition est consacré au Concerto pour la main gauche. Cette nouvelle édition 2020 est à l’initiative du Chef Louis Langrée et de l’Orchestre des Champs-Élysées

Comment

Last on BaL: 07/05/2005 (reviewer Martin Cotton)

Top recommendation:

Krystian Zimerman (piano), London Symphony Orchestra, Pierre Boulez (conductor) (recorded 1996)
            DG 449 213-2 (CD)​

Also recommended:

Samson Francois (piano), Orchestre de la Societe des Concerts du Conservatoire, Andre Cluytens (conductor) (recorded 1959)
            EMI 566905-2 (CD)​
            And prior to that Christopher Palmer chose Katchen/Kertesz in September 1979. There was also a programme in December 1986 presented by David Murray but I'm afraid I don't know what he chose.

Comment

Originally posted by Darloboy View Post

And prior to that Christopher Palmer chose Katchen/Kertesz in September 1979. There was also a programme in December 1986 presented by David Murray but I'm afraid I don't know what he chose.
              I hope that you don't mind having award winners listed early in the thread (when I can easily find the information) now that I'm not listing available versions in the way Alpie used to, and that you don't think I'm stepping into your territory.
              I think it helps to get the discussion going.
              You can usually add more info anyway, as you've kindly done here and in the corresponding Monteverdi Vespers thread.

Comment

I hope that you don't mind having award winners listed early in the thread (when I can easily find the information) now that I'm not listing available versions in the way Alpie used to, and that you don't think I'm stepping into your territory.
                I think it helps to get the discussion going.
                You can usually add more info anyway, as you've kindly done here and in the corresponding Monteverdi Vespers thread.
                No problem, I’ve been slacking a bit lately anyway!

Comment

Working...
                X