No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
    Hiya Eine Alpensinfonie,

I'm sure must have stated this previously but please will you indulge me with your view. If you had to take just one account of An Alpine Symphony to a desert island which one would it be?

Mine would be Staatskapelle Dresden, Rudolf Kempe from 1971 at Lukaskirche, Dresden on EMI.
    I would take Kempe too, but it would be the 1966 RPO version. It seems fresher and with better recorded sound, though there are few playing errors, such as split notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      I would take Kempe too, but it would be the 1966 RPO version. It seems fresher and with better recorded sound, though there are few playing errors, such as split notes.
      Thanks for that.

Comment

TON ACHIEVED

No 100 is a bit of a novelty, in that is coupled with The Star Spangled Banner.

The performers are the Texas All-State Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Jung-Ho Pak

It's a live recording, decently played, but some idiot shouts out at around 42:30 - not too distracting with a huge orchestra to drown out the troll.

The orchestra is the equivalent of our National Youth Orchestra.
        Last edited by Eine Alpensinfonie; 20-08-18, 17:18.

Comment

Comment

Congratulations, EA! What's the next target?

Comment

Having put off buying a “new” version because of the expense, I finally received a new version: Danish National Symphony Orchestra with Rafael Frübeck de Burgos on Blu-Ray. It’s a superb performance, clearly reflecting the conductor’s great love of the work - he recorded it 4 times, which is more than anyone else.

Comment

Looking at the recording date, this performance took place only 6 weeks before the conductor’s final concert, so this could well be his final recorded performance. What an incredible tribute to a great conductor.

Comment

I wonder how many you have?!?!?
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                    I wonder how many you have?!?!?
                    I can't give you an exact figure as most of them are in storage until I find somewhere to live. I know it's a little over a hundred.

Comment

I can't give you an exact figure as most of them are in storage until I find somewhere to live. I know it's a little over a hundred.
                      Goodness!
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

That's quite a range.
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I only have four .

Haitink, Kempe,Previn and Shipway.

All very good .

Comment

I have Kempe, Nagano, Zinman, Karajan et al. I suppose someday I might even steel myself to listen to one of them again. Not a work I have much time for. I got the Nagano DVD in the hope it might open the way to my finding something to engage me in it. Ah well, something ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

If Alpie put all of his recordings in a pile he may have his own mountain to scale. Here is hoping that you find lodgings soon

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                                That's quite a range.

(That didn’t get the appreciation it deserved at the time, ferns )
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X