Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this series now had a worryingly long hiatus?

Comment

Originally posted by Goon525 View Post
      Has this series now had a worryingly long hiatus?
      ... vol 7 came out in Feb 2019, I don't know when vol 8 is expected

Comment

No further releases, but there are 4 more projects (after Gli Impresari vol.7) listed, going live or coming soon....
        I guess these will be Vols. 8-11....

Alle 107 Sinfonien des Komponisten Joseph Haydn auf einen Blick – ergänzt mit Informationen, passender Fotografie und Literatur.

Hit MENU > PROJECTS to see the list....
        Hit CALENDAR for more on the Musikverein concerts (lucky them...)

Perhaps they'll all come out in a rush!
        Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 22-11-19, 20:44.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
          ... is my worry concerning this marvellous undertaking. I shall be eighty in 2032.

I hope that CDs and CD players will still be around for the next fourteen years, too...

I am quite enjoying the non-Haydn bits as sorbets between the more meaty offerings - and I hope to make discoveries.

That`s an extremely alarming comment re cds and cd players...I have thousands of them here and no intention of cutting back! (Cds, I mean..not players...coz that`d be really weird...)

Comment

Originally posted by ARBurton View Post
            That`s an extremely alarming comment re cds and cd players...I have thousands of them here and no intention of cutting back! (Cds, I mean..not players...coz that`d be really weird...)
            No problem with this latest one...on (excellent-sounding) CD or any media you choose (post copied from New Releases)....

Among my most-adored Haydn works; I see little point in ranking among all my previous favourites.... Fey, Harnoncourt, Kuijken....(interpretive specifics later, perhaps...)....
            But gorgeously done here, as we've come to expect......just enjoy the heck out of them (and the generous "filler" of the k239 Mozart Notturno)...

Mes favoris
            Cet élément a bien été ajouté / retiré de vos favoris.
            Haydn 2032, Vol. 10: Les heures du jour

Giovanni Antonini and Il Giardino Armonico

• Released on 09/07/2021 by Alpha Classics
            • QOBUZ 24-Bit 96.0 kHz - Stereo

Comment

Limelight Magazine has this article on Giovanni Antonini and the Haydn 2032 project:

Our recording of the month for October comes to us from Giovanni Antonini, Artistic Director of Haydn 2032, a mammoth project that aims to record Haydn's complete symphonies in time for the 300th anniversary of his birth.

It goes behind a pay wall in due time, so read now while you still have the chance .

Comment

Originally posted by bluestateprommer View Post
                Limelight Magazine has this article on Giovanni Antonini and the Haydn 2032 project:

Our recording of the month for October comes to us from Giovanni Antonini, Artistic Director of Haydn 2032, a mammoth project that aims to record Haydn's complete symphonies in time for the 300th anniversary of his birth.

It goes behind a pay wall in due time, so read now while you still have the chance .
                Saved it as pdf, just to be sure.

Comment

A box set of the first ten symphony volumes is being released on Friday. £35 at Europadisc is the best price I've seen, which is a pretty good bargain.

Comment

The Haydn2032 website has a rather snazzy page that details which of Haydn's 107 symphonies have been recorded & released on CD, which have been recorded but are yet to be published, and those awaiting a recording:

Haydn2032 Symphony Finder

There is also the Haydn2032 YouTube channel.

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but I do hope that earlier issues in this series will continue to be available as it goes along. I am speaking from experience over the splendid Naive Vivaldi project. I was unable to afford all the issues as they came out and now find that a good number of the earlier ones are now no longer available except for extortionate offers from dealers on Amazon - and yet the series is still under way!

Very shabby treatment by Naive to its customers, I think. Streaming only - so why go to all the trouble of luxurious booklets with designer photographs if they are going to be ditched along the way? Surely this is the kind of series that serious collectors would want to have on CD.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                        Slightly off-topic, but I do hope that earlier issues in this series will continue to be available as it goes along. I am speaking from experience over the splendid Naive Vivaldi project. I was unable to afford all the issues as they came out and now find that a good number of the earlier ones are now no longer available except for extortionate offers from dealers on Amazon - and yet the series is still under way!

Very shabby treatment by Naive to its customers, I think. Streaming only - so why go to all the trouble of luxurious booklets with designer photographs if they are going to be ditched along the way? Surely this is the kind of series that serious collectors would want to have on CD.
                        Is the audio content of the CD releases not available in the form of downloads or for streaming?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

Is the audio content of the CD releases not available in the form of downloads or for streaming?
                          Yes it is, but I was really talking about us oldies who still prefer to have the CDs. I guess I'm in the minority now.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post

Yes it is, but I was really talking about us oldies who still prefer to have the CDs. I guess I'm in the minority now.
                            You could always download in a lossless format and then burn to CD-R. Though I still buy rather more optical discs than I should, I mainly download or stream, these days. Until a couple or so years ago I would often burn longer works I download to DVD-R using Audio DVD Creator. SDD, hard disc or USB memory sticks tend to be the storage and playback media I use most now, though. I do regret the failure of many recording companies to provide their booklets in pdf form though. Full marks to those, like BIS, Chandos, Hyperion et al, who do, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

You could always download in a lossless format and then burn to CD-R. Though I still buy rather more optical discs than I should, I mainly download or stream, these days. Until a couple or so years ago I would often burn longer works I download to DVD-R using Audio DVD Creator. SDD, hard disc or USB memory sticks tend to be the storage and playback media I use most now, though. I do regret the failure of many recording companies to provide their booklets in pdf form though. Full marks to those, like BIS, Chandos, Hyperion et al, who do, though.
                              I admire you and others for moving with the times. The thing is for me is that when I decide to buy a recording, I just want the disc, put it in the player and that's it. I really don't want to have all the trouble of buying extra virgin discs and then having to spend time learning how to download and burn etc. I've done some of that in the past but it's just extra hassle that I don't want.

Comment

Working...
                              X