Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfram View Post
    I’m sorry but I still like the physical product and all that goes with it. I’ve already listened to it on Spotify. In fact I’ve started to use Spotify more and more in this way to check out recordings. I’ll stream it, and if I like it, then I’ll buy the cd.
    Fine, so long as you understand that Spotify are pretty much alone in not offering high quality sound. But as a means of checking out, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon525 View Post
      Fine, so long as you understand that Spotify are pretty much alone in not offering high quality sound. But as a means of checking out, sure.
      I have to confess that I know next to nothing about streaming. I bought a Naim Mu-so Qb last year and run Spotify on it, and that's all. I bought it for my wife who likes to listen to play lists of her favourite bands. It's not even in the same room as my proper Hi-Fi. I find it useful though for checking out potential purchases, but never for serious listening. As I said, I really haven't got a clue about streaming. I'm happy with my CDs and vinyl left over from last century.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfram View Post
        I have to confess that I know next to nothing about streaming. I bought a Naim Mu-so Qb last year and run Spotify on it, and that's all. I bought it for my wife who likes to listen to play lists of her favourite bands. It's not even in the same room as my proper Hi-Fi. I find it useful though for checking out potential purchases, but never for serious listening. As I said, I really haven't got a clue about streaming. I'm happy with my CDs and vinyl left over from last century.
        Might be worth exploring as some streams are better than cd sound. Some CD transfers are pretty poor quality - especially some RCA and Phillips cheaper compilation albums where they’ve compressed things to get more on a cd.

Comment

Wolfram - I'm not sure whether you have secured your CDs. I sent you a PM about the Tosca (only) CDs but the 12 CD set looks better value....

Its also available here :
          https://www.discogs.com/release/1917...ede-Francesco-

I've used Discogs sellers a few times, including from Sweden, no problem with delivery so I assume Discogs deal with the VAT requirement......

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
            Wolfram - I'm not sure whether you have secured your CDs. I sent you a PM about the Tosca (only) CDs but the 12 CD set looks better value....

Its also available here :
            https://www.discogs.com/release/1917...ede-Francesco-

I've used Discogs sellers a few times, including from Sweden, no problem with delivery so I assume Discogs deal with the VAT requirement......
            Thank you to everyone for all your help in tracking down a copy of this recording. It arrived a couple of days ago from a Discogs seller - and thank you also for putting me onto Discogs in the first place. The recording is terrific; Tebaldi is superb, London’s Scarpia is terrifying, only the conducting is perhaps not quite as taunt as on the de Sabata or Karajan I. That notwithstanding I am very pleased to have acquired this disc at last. Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
            X