No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news for those of us eagerly awaiting the next instalment of The London Haydn Quartet's cycle on Hyperion...the next 2 CD set is out soon:

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      Good news for those of us eagerly awaiting the next instalment of The London Haydn Quartet's cycle on Hyperion...the next 2 CD set is out soon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haydn-Strin...+haydn+quartet

Slightly cheaper (including p&p) from Presto Classical.

Comment

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but in the light of recent Live events, the new CD of Andrew Davis' coupling of RVW's Job with the Ninth Symphony might be of interest to many Forumistas. The orchestra is the Bergen Phil, on the CHANDOS label.

Cheaper this month from Europadisc, though.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but in the light of recent Live events, the new CD of Andrew Davis' coupling of RVW's Job with the Ninth Symphony might be of interest to many Forumistas. The orchestra is the Bergen Phil, on the CHANDOS label.

Comment

This looks rather good, Ferney. Thanks for mentioning this. Will investigate!

Don't think BBC SO records for Chandos anymore?
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

I hope it is a Job done better than his BBCSO recording - must be one of the most dreary on record. Boult's Decca 1950s recording still the one to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                I hope it is a Job done better than his BBCSO recording - must be one of the most dreary on record. Boult's Decca 1950s recording still the one to beat!
                Oh come on Cloughie!!
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Beatrice Rana is about to release a Goldberg Variations. Anyone know this pianist? She's made it onto Warners.

Comment

Originally posted by silvestrione View Post
                    Beatrice Rana is about to release a Goldberg Variations. Anyone know this pianist? ...
                    Not personally, but much appreciate her musicianship.

Catch her Wigmore Hall Goldbergs here.
                    Last edited by Bryn; 01-02-17, 14:24.

Comment

Beatrice Rana is about to release a Goldberg Variations. Anyone know this pianist? She's made it onto Warners.
                      Stanfordian posted on the What are you listening to now thread earlier that he had been listening to this.
                      You could ask for a report.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                        Stanfordian posted on the What are you listening to now thread earlier that he had been listening to this.
                        You could ask for a report.
                        Quite excellent playing from Beatrice Rana that I found most engaging. A passionate approach on a modern concert grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          Not personally, but much appreciate her musicianship.

Catch her Wigmore Hall Goldbergs here.
                          Ah! Very helpful, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post

Don't think BBC SO records for Chandos anymore?
                            Au contraire; there's some Szymanowski in the can with Ed and another Bliss recording due with SAD.

Unfortunately the Fairfield Halls are currently unavailable, which may account for the slowdown.

Comment

Her Wigmore Hall concert of the 'Goldberg's' got a poor review in The Times so it must have been been outstanding...

Comment

This was very positively reviewed in today's Gramophone (PQ, March)....

First taping on period instruments, Vienna 1950. I didn't need telling twice... ordered straight away... ... couldn't see a download anywhere... Supraphon's own site might list it.

(Reviews on the Amazon page, BTW, are not for this - completely muxed ip!)
                                Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 26-02-17, 17:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X