X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Bezuidenhout looks rather tempting. I seem to have only one fortepiano Mozart concerto disc - Melvyn Tan/Roger Norrington in K488 and K466 with London Classic Players, which I've had for ages. It's an excellent coupling, both performances being favourite recordings of those works.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      I already have about three period versions of the Mozart piano concertos, Jayne, but my ears are always open! I guess this new cycle is proving special for you?
      It's quite a while since the first one so it may not become a cycle (Mozart 2056, anyone?) - http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/wol.../3149020214725 - but I really do love that having bought it on CD... Haven't heard this latest yet (excerpts very promising), obsessed with early Bruckner again......

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

At last a new disc from Bengamin Grosvenor. Should be well worth acquiring.

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

One's fear that the issue of live recordings of Klaus Tennstedt and the LPO might have dried up has been confounded with this up-coming release:

I wasn't at this one, alas, but I did meet Rene Kollo in Berlin after a performance of Siegfried at the Deutsche Oper the previous year.

What other Tennstedt goodies have yet to see the light of day, I wonder?
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Shame we don't hear so much from Laurie Watt these days.

I'd be interested to hear anything KT performed with the LSO pre the Philharmonic era.

Comment

• HighlandDougie
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              At last a new disc from Bengamin Grosvenor. Should be well worth acquiring.
              Very fine it is, too. The download version (from Qobuz, Presto etc) contains a substantial bonus in the form of Ravel's "Le Tombeau de Couperin". Lovely recording (Wyastone) and piano tone.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                • Nov 2010

I'm looking forward to the new discs of The Bach solo violin sonatas and partitas from Kyung-Wha Chung that's released next month. I find listening to these works fascinating as each player can be so truthful but so different.

I'm awaiting to hear that Zukerman, Anne-Sophie Mutter and Nigel Kennedy have recorded them before they get too old. (Although, sadly, I fear that the ship may have sailed for Pinky)

Comment

• Barbirollians
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                  I'm looking forward to the new discs of The Bach solo violin sonatas and partitas from Kyung-Wha Chung that's released next month. I find listening to these works fascinating as each player can be so truthful but so different.

I'm awaiting to hear that Zukerman, Anne-Sophie Mutter and Nigel Kennedy have recorded them before they get too old. (Although, sadly, I fear that the ship may have sailed for Pinky)
                  Pinky is playing with the RPO in their gala concert this weekend - Bruch 1 I think . Remember Ida H recorded them in 1996 . Jolly good that recording is too .

Comment

• pastoralguy
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                    Pinky is playing with the RPO in their gala concert this weekend - Bruch 1 I think . Remember Ida H recorded them in 1996 . Jolly good that recording is too .

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Anybody seen/heard the original version of Bruckner 8 conducted by Fabio Luisi?

Read about it in Smiths (HiFi news)

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Anybody seen/heard the original version of Bruckner 8 conducted by Fabio Luisi?

Read about it in Smiths (HiFi news)
                        got me all excited there, Alison, I thought it might have been a recording of the LSO performance from the night England lost to Uruguay in the world cup, which I attended. ( the Bruckner not the footy).
                        but then I remembered there weren't any microphones in evidence.

not heard the CD.
                        Couldn't wait to get your copy of Hifi News home eh?
                        Last edited by teamsaint; 17-09-16, 19:52.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

Not the LSO, but Philharmonia Zurich, ts:

I might very well invest in this - the Inbal and Tintner recordings I own don't quite "get it": excellent moments in both, but neither quite adding up. The reviews of the Luisi suggest that his is the one I've been hoping for. Thanks, Alison
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                            Not the LSO, but Philharmonia Zurich, ts:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruckner-Sy.../dp/B01CV4LMFO
                            Thanks Ferney, I did check, and forgot to post a link.

too busy doing the footy results...
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
                              • Mar 2013

A happy musical memory, TS. Much more preferable to watching another England World Cup defeat.
                              It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
                                A happy musical memory, TS. Much more preferable to watching another England World Cup defeat.
                                A very good evening indeed, @noggo.

Standard evening for the England lads

Comment

Working...
                                X