X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Replacement final movement. No Grosse [/URL]Fuge
    Nobody's perfect. I guess their recording of op.133 will follow in due course.

Comment

I was slightly annoyed to discover that my preorder of the Beethoven / Scharwenka symphonies, vol.4 was apparently cancelled for no reason! I've emailed Somm to ask them if they could investigate. It's probably just a website glitch but the recording is now in the shops and online.

However, they've sorted it all out!
      Last edited by Jonathan; 26-10-23, 10:14.
      Best regards,
      Jonathan

Comment

Hugues Dufourt - Complete Works for Solo Piano
        Various Artists
        Coviello, 2xCD.

Hugues Dufourt: Complete Works For Solo Piano. Coviello: COV92312. Buy 2 CDs or download online. Valentin Mansard (soloist), Kotoko Matsuda (soloist), Manon Delort (soloist), Vadim Saukin (soloist), An Chen Jasmin Zhang (soloist), Hongye Liu (soloist), Rodolfo Faistauer (soloist), Pierre Rouinvy (soloist)

Out on 27 Oct 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by FRJames View Post
          Hugues Dufourt - Complete Works for Solo Piano
          Various Artists
          Coviello, 2xCD.

Hugues Dufourt: Complete Works For Solo Piano. Coviello: COV92312. Buy 2 CDs or download online. Valentin Mansard (soloist), Kotoko Matsuda (soloist), Manon Delort (soloist), Vadim Saukin (soloist), An Chen Jasmin Zhang (soloist), Hongye Liu (soloist), Rodolfo Faistauer (soloist), Pierre Rouinvy (soloist)

Out on 27 Oct 2023.
          Thanks. It is steaming now and my first impressions are that it easy to listen to. The booklet is here

Comment

A sort of new release, as it's the BBC MM CD (December 2023 issue), just delivered.
            According to the liner notes, the first 11 tracks were recorded in Salford on 27 September 2023; if true, that's an impressively short production time!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
              A sort of new release, as it's the BBC MM CD (December 2023 issue), just delivered.
              According to the liner notes, the first 11 tracks were recorded in Salford on 27 September 2023; if true, that's an impressively short production time!
              What’s on the CD, Pulc?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

What’s on the CD, Pulc?
                It was such a short release time that they were unable to place any music on the disc

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

What’s on the CD, Pulc?
                  Ballet music

Shostakovich (Age of gold: polka; The limpid stream suite)
                  Prokofiev (Cinderella, suite 2)
                  Delibes (Sylvia: The huntresses)

BBCPO/Storgårds

Then there's Satie's Parade, from 2017.

BBCNOW/Yates

Comment

Ballet music

Shostakovich (Age of gold: polka; The limpid stream suite)
                    Prokofiev (Cinderella, suite 2)
                    Delibes (Sylvia: The huntresses)

BBCPO/Storgårds

Then there's Satie's Parade, from 2017.

BBCNOW/Yates
                    Looks like a good listen!

Comment

The Eloquence advert in December's BBC MM heralds two new boxes of recordings of Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt, often praised on these boards.

Vol 1: The complete Decca recordings (including the Beethoven symphonies and piano concertos)
                      Vol 2: The Philips, Mercury, Accord, and DG recordings

Comment

The Eloquence advert in December's BBC MM heralds two new boxes of recordings of Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt, often praised on these boards.

Vol 1: The complete Decca recordings (including the Beethoven symphonies and piano concertos)
                        Vol 2: The Philips, Mercury, Accord, and DG recordings
                        Yes, I’ve been thinking about asking Santa for these…

Comment

Paavo Berglund - Warner Edition (42CD)
                          Warner Classics

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berglund-Warner-42cds-Paavo/dp/B0CGXW267X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2W3PCNMYUXVEE&keywords=berglund+wa rner+edition&qid=1698955117&s=music&sprefix=berglu nd+warner+%2Cclassical%2C69&sr=1-1

This set is a combination of Berglund's EMI & Finlandia recordings, all in original jacket format. Release date is currently 19/1/24 with a cost in the region of £100 (based on a quick internet survey).

Comment

Not (just) new releases, but Hyperion's streaming catalogue is building up - here's a link on Qobuz, but I expect it's the same on other streaming platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by prb View Post
                              Not (just) new releases, but Hyperion's streaming catalogue is building up - here's a link on Qobuz, but I expect it's the same on other streaming platforms.
                              And in today's releases is a Hyperion release of Steven Osborne playing the Debussy Etudes, recordings/interpretations of which have featured recently on another thread (can't remember which, offhand). (PS: Actually, I now think that the discussion might have been about the Preludes. )

Debussy: Études & Pour Le Piano. Hyperion: CDA68409. Buy CD or download online. Steven Osborne (piano)
                              Last edited by Pulcinella; 03-11-23, 17:39. Reason: PS added!

Comment

The extract played from this on Saturday morning really captured my attention:

The ‘controversial’ approach to tempo & expression seemed to make the music live anew; I wonder if the brief extract flattered to deceive - I’ll be listening to the whole thing to find out…
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X