X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did anybody ever identify what it is that makes it so slow to load on certain machines.

Neither my laptop or my ipad are particularly quick, but both load this thread as quickly as any other.

In fact, thinking about it, it loads fine on my phone too.

Currently/soon:
    Brahms Double Concerto/ Symphony #2.

LSO/ Haitink.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      did anybody ever identify what it is that makes it so slow to load on certain machines.

Neither my laptop or my ipad are particularly quick, but both load this thread as quickly as any other.

I need to experiment: perhaps it depends if you're logged in or not?

Comment

Same for me ts .... did Rumpole not suggest some change of setting that did the trick ... ???? - for me at least ....

Comment

United Nations - Geneva

The Graduate Institute

11 April 2017

Hyung Joon Won - Can we find harmony in Korea?

A musical recital by Hyung Joon Won, violinist and activist followed by a discussion on efforts to create peace and unity between North and South Korea, at t...

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            Same for me ts .... did Rumpole not suggest some change of setting that did the trick ... ???? - for me at least ....
            I think that was changing your settings to show the last posting first: but that only works if you're logged in.
            So maybe you two both log in before accessing any threads?
            Whereas I tend to log in only when I've got something to say!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
              I think that was changing your settings to show the last posting first: but that only works if you're logged in.

Oh. I just tried loading this thread from an unlogged in status, and if anything it loaded even faster than before..... so that was a big help !!
              Last edited by teamsaint; 14-04-17, 09:17.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                EXCEPT
                1) that that doesn't explain why the problem only appears with respect to this one Thread.
                2) I am logged in, and I am experiencing the "long time a-loadin'"
                3) I have the "latest posts first" setting, and it's still taking its time (I hate to think how long it would take to load if I had it on the other setting).

... but, apart from all that ...
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

The football thread is very slow to load here too

Comment

Anyroadup - Today:

Bach: St Matthew Passion; Soloists/KCCC/Brandenburg Consort/Cleobury
                    A really good "big choir" performance - for a few years, the only recording of the work I had. It still gives intense pleasure (although Michael Chance gets a little "shrieky" at moments) - and the work is absolutely glorious, of course.

Wagner: Parsifal, Act Two; Soloists/BPO/Karajan.
                    Just superb!

Lassus: Lamentations for Maundy Thursday; Pro Cantione Antiqua/Turner
                    Krenek: Lamentations for Maundy Thursday; RIAS Kammerchor/Creed
                    Two completely different settings of the same texts, both containing wonderful Music, both incredibly impressively sung. The Krenek is a particular favourite - in many ways, my favourite large-scale work for unaccompanied choir; and the performance here is astonishing. (Now, if only these forces could be allowed/persuaded to record Threni! Certainly Krenek scores over Stravinsky as far as successful performance & recording is concerned.)
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      The football thread is very slow to load here too
                      Same here - start a new one, Rob.

The Round Ball Game II

Comment

Oh. I just tried loading this thread from a unlogged in status, and if anything it loaded even faster than before..... so that was a big help !!
                        So did I just now, and it loaded very quickly indeed.
                        A mystery!

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          Yes - it's very odd that it's only taken 18 months for it to get to the "long time a-loading" point, but it does seem to be causing delay for a number of Forumistas, Bbm. As the original "onlie begetter" of series 1 of WAYLTN?, how do you fancy initiating "Volume 3"?
                          I would like to very much but if Lat-Literal wouldn't mind?

Now playing:-

Pergoleisi
                          Stabat Mater(Sara Mingardo, Rachel Hamisch, Orchestra Mozart, Claudio Abbado).
                          Salve Regina(Julia Kleter, Orchestra Mozart, Claudio Abbado).

Mahler
                          Symphony No.2 in C minor(Resurrection).
                          Isobel Buchanan, Mira Zakai, Chicago SO & Chorus,
                          Sir Georg Solti.
                          Last edited by BBMmk2; 14-04-17, 09:42.
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Britten
                            ‘War Requiem’
                            Emily Magee (soprano), Mark Padmore (tenor), Christian Gerhaher (baritone)
                            Tölzer Knabenchor,
                            Chor und Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks/Mariss Jansons
                            Recorded live 2013, Philharmonie, Munich
                            BR Klassik

My ‘Good Friday’ choice.

Comment

Just home from the Minster, where (apart from the Agnus Dei from Byrd à 5, sung during a procession to bring out the reserved sacrament) all the music was unfamiliar to me.
                              Bairstow: Lamentations (somewhat more tractable than Stravinsky's Threni!)
                              Victoria: St John Passion (as the gospel)
                              Sanders: Reproaches

Comment

Bach: St John Passion
                                Peter Pears (Evangelist), David Ward (Jesus). Brian Etheridge (Pilate), Lindsay Heather (Peter), Robert Tear (Servant)
                                Elizabeth Harwood (soprano), Helen Watts (contralto), Alexander Young (tenor), Hervey Alan (bass)

Choir of King's College, Cambridge
                                Philomusica of London
                                David Willcocks
                                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                                X