This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Are You Listening To Now? - II

Would a new, second part to this thread be supported?

At nearly 2000 pages, it can take a very long time to access it.

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
    Would a new, second part to this thread be supported?

At nearly 2000 pages, it can take a very long time to access it.
    Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing last night.

I'm in!

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

IIRC the folks at " Now that's what I call music" took the adventurous step of numbering their LPs......

it avoided confusion.

Peter Gabriel on the other hand just couldn't be bothered.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Ok. Here goes. A friend was sorting his cd collection and had a duplicate of a set by Annie Fischer on EMI which he very kindly passed my way. Solo music by Beethoven, Schubert and Schumann.

Comment

I had been a little critical of the Nelsons/Boston Shosty 10 when it was released a few weeks back.
            Last night I worked late and there was a series of frustrations late in the day, just when my staff and I most want to finish and go home. The radio was playing the work and it was an electrifying performance! The 'Stalin movement' riveted me and purged me of my bad mood, a perfect catharsis. I was thinking, "Boy, does this leave that Nelsons recording in the dust!"
            When the announcer appeared and identified this as the same Nelsons recording, I immediately began rummaging my freezer for a slice of crow pie.

Comment

This is not a criticism as, like others, I am grateful to have access to such a great forum. But I do find the speeds variable and occasionally sticky. That might well be me and my equipment rather than the site but "Talking About Music" can be a problem. I wonder if there is overload on "What Are You Listening To Now?" Having said as much, when I posted my OP it all became rapid. One thing I do in that section and others is build a post over half an hour as I am listening to music. Maybe it is the way I am doing things (as outlined)?

Comment

I think not
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

I do sometimes like to look back to see what I listened to on a certain date or, more likely, to find out when I last heard a piece. It's not easy or quick, I can tell you!
                  "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Concerti by Johan Helmich Roman. (1694 - 1758). According to the sleeve note, "The father of Swedish music". He is attributed to being the first famous violinist from Sweden.

Music in the style of Vivaldi. Pleasant, but not really memorable, imho.

A cd I picked up in a charity shop for 99p.

Comment

Admin, can we sort this out? Like PG was saying, it's good to search as to what members have ben saying. I don't see what's wrong with having a multitude of pages to hand?
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Koechlin
                        String Quartets No’s 1 & 2
                        Ardeo Quartet
                        Recorded 2006 Saint-Marcel Lutheran Church, Paris
                        AR RE-SE

Debussy
                        Pour le piano
                        Images sets 1 & 2
                        Ravel
                        Le tombeau de Couperin
                        Vlado Perlemuter (piano)
                        Recorded 1968 (Debussy) & 1970 Ravel BBC Studio
                        BBC Music Magazine CD

Sonny Stitt with Jimmy Jones, Aaron Bell & Charlie Perslip
                        ‘A Little Bit of Stitt’
                        Roost (1959)

By the way. I don't think we need two threads here. Please stick with the original.
                        Last edited by Stanfordian; 14-10-15, 15:20.

Comment

I say stick to the original. it's good to look up the posts of before, as well.
                          Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            I do sometimes like to look back to see what I listened to on a certain date or, more likely, to find out when I last heard a piece. It's not easy or quick, I can tell you!
                            Same here, especially looking up what other's have been listening to. This is why it would be good to start a second thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                              Admin, can we sort this out? Like PG was saying, it's good to search as to what members have ben saying. I don't see what's wrong with having a multitude of pages to hand?
                              There's too much to wade through, it takes forever. I often give up half way through. It's a shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X