This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post

I had a similar experience, I bought both the Haydn and Mozart sets last year. However, on further listening, the Pinnock Mozart really grew on me.

Of the other Mozart periodish performances that I have, I quite like the Hogwood/AoAM.
    I'm not a Norrington fan particularly his Stuttgart stuff but he made some very good vibrant recordings with the LCP and his Mozart 38-41 are refreshingly good. I particularly like No39.

Comment

Where are the moderators/hosts, etc?
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Bach. Partitas. Played by Murray Periah.

Sublime.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          They seem to be discussing arcane legal matters on the " what composers never said " thread.

Currently:

More Ramon Zupko from the Avant Garde Project, instalment 127.

I recommend this strongly .
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Be good to get this sorted out two threads on same subject. Where are they?
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Be good to get this sorted out two threads on same subject. Where are they?
              The Moderators for this Board are frenchie and Cali - you could PM them, Bbm.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks Ferney
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  I'm not a Norrington fan particularly his Stuttgart stuff but he made some very good vibrant recordings with the LCP and his Mozart 38-41 are refreshingly good. I particularly like No39.

I'm quite a norrington fan, but I'm not familiar with the stuff he did with the Stuttgart. I have a few recordings with the LCP and they are great, IMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post

At nearly 2000 pages, it can take a very long time to access it.
                    I'm a little puzzled by this
                    I don't notice any difference in speed of access whether the thread has 3 posts or 3,000 pages of posts?
                    Unless you are trying to display all 2000 pages at once?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                      I'm a little puzzled by this
                      I don't notice any difference in speed of access whether the thread has 3 posts or 3,000 pages of posts?
                      Unless you are trying to display all 2000 pages at once?
                      I have noticed that this Thread - and "Stormy Weather" - take (by far) the longest to appear when I click on Link in the "What's New?" section when I first access the Forum each day (thereafter it responds as speedily as any of the others). As a result, I leave these 'til last and go and pour the breakfast tea that's been brewing - they've appeared by the time I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        The Moderators for this Board are frenchie and Cali - you could PM them, Bbm.
                        Eh...? What...? Yes.... Um...

I think this is one for Frenchie: I don't know what the implications are re: the other thread which is a 'sticky' and which I think it requires her powers as Administratrix to bind or loose. I'll PM her too.

I have to say, I too have noticed that sometimes this site takes a long time to load - but it could be (I haven't monitored when it happens) that it's when I try to access the longer threads. Until last week I put it down to an aging hard drive, but now I have rejuvenated my equipment (thank you, Matron), everything on t'internet loads super-fast... except certain Forum threads. I've sometimes abandoned the attempt. If that is to do with over-long threads... well, le's see what our Adminx. says!
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Yes, they are here and a little nonplussed by the unprecedentness of the situation. And the deluge of responses (in my case, while i wasn't looking).

Need to know more about how people use the thread (other than in posting what they're listening to) and what difficulties they're encountering.

What do you use the thread for and what difficulties have you? For instance, I had no difficulty going to the first and last posts of the old thread a moment or two ago, almost instantaneously.
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

As I said in #40 - when I first Login to the Forum, I always go first to the "What's New" Board and work my way through the Posts I've missed. For all Threads, I get to the Posts almost instantaneously, but for the "What're You Listening to" (original version) and "Stormy Weather", there is always a pause (up to 20secs) before the Thread is "buffered". Thereafter, I can get to these Threads as quickly as any other - so long as I don't shut down the Forum (as I sometimes do to watch the i_Player). It's almost as if my computer is having a quick glance through the posts of these longer Threads (no problem with the Haas edition of "What Are You Listening to Now?" Board, for example) before it finds the last page: once it's done it once, it remembers where it left off.

Comment

Admittedly, not having had much thought on this, I do find that my long running thread seems to take forever to load up. Perhaps, Frenchie, you could begin a fresh one, and it being a 'sticky', as well.

Mostly, I start up with the What's New, and go on from there. picking out ones that interest me, etc.
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Humphrey Searle - Night Music Op.5
                                BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Alun Francis. CPO.

Comment

Working...
                                X