Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Cor luvverduck! No slummin' rand 'ere eh?
    Too true. It worked out about £2.50 a bobble. Her excuse was that you can't get them anywhere else any more. Just have to use my old ma's recipe next year, I think.

Edit: Just got it from the horse's mouth that brooks murmeln, but leaves rauschen. Rauschen can also be fairly noisy, which would seem right for Wagner.

Comment

Originally posted by aeolium View Post

By the way, Kafka did write a short story about a 'Riesenmaulwurf', giant mole.

That's the one -- it's hilarious. (Kafka and Max Brod used to be doubled up with laughter when going through K's works, believe it or not.)

Comment

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
        No Fortnums simnel cake or Grundschwein in this household - more like a (cold) Greggs pasty, if we're lucky

Trying to avoid the VAT, eh, Aeolium!?
        "Let me have my own way in exactly everything, and a sunnier and more pleasant creature does not exist." Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
          Does anyone know if Richard Burnett is still at Finchcocks [his home I believe] and entertaining people as he did years ago? A wonderful musician, I'll never forget him playing Mozart's 'Turkish Rondo' on a 'prepared piano.'
          salymap
          He is. My last visit was a few years ago. He looked rather frail then but he is obviously well and still doing what he has always done.

A Weekend with Square Piano

Saturday 12 May
          10am Doors open. Coffee.
          11am Richard Burnett (owner of Finchcocks): Welcome and short tour of the collection
          11.30am onwards Seminar. Topics will include:
          • Lucy Coad on the 1784 Merchen
          • Tom Strange - illustrated talk
          • Andrew Reuss and early American squares
          1-2pm Light lunches available at Finchcocks, with licensed bar
          or bring your own picnics
          Afternoon Seminar continues
          Square Piano Clinic (bring your own[!])
          6pm for 6.30pm "Square Meal in the Cellar" - dinner [booking arrangements to follow]

Comment

Appallingly self-congratulatory gabbling between Tom Service and Sara M-P on now. I'm holding on for the music.

Comment

Working...
            X