What Rock/Pop/Jazz-rock/Fusion/Prog/Experimental etc album are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Don't mind the noise, just can't see it doing anything for me really....tell me what I am missing?
    It's in the lyrics, listen to the lyrics. It's a concept album. It's right up there with 'Smell The Glove'.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
      It's in the lyrics, listen to the lyrics. It's a concept album. It's right up there with 'Smell The Glove'.
      #

You thought i hadn't really listened to it.Luckily, I played it backwards, and it turns out that Paul is dead.

Smell the glove? wasn't that by heavy metal band The Smiths?
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• AmpH
        • Feb 2012

Seconded!

had to turn MMM off...got somebody in the house on night shifts.

I am unsure as to what I am going to get out of this album. Don't mind the noise, just can't see it doing anything for me really....tell me what I am missing?
        You aren't missing anything ts ..... its a pile of crap !

Lou Reed apparently said of it " Well anyone who gets to side four is dumber than I am " ( It originally came out as a double album on vinyl )

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
          You aren't missing anything ts ..... its a pile of crap !

Lou Reed apparently said of it " Well anyone who gets to side four is dumber than I am " ( It originally came out as a double album on vinyl )
          Cheers AmpH. I have seen Machine Head live.(not by choice). That is as extreme as I need..in fact rather more than I need !

Edit: Lou Reed's popularity is a mystery to me...but so is that of the Doors, and I seem to be in a rather small group on that one too !
          Last edited by teamsaint; 25-01-13, 18:43.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• AmpH
            • Feb 2012

Cheers AmpH. I have seen Machine Head live.(not by choice). That is as extreme as I need..in fact rather more than I need !

Edit: Lou Reed's popularity is a mystery to me...but so is that of the Doors, and I seem to be in a rather small group on that one too !
            I would agree with you about Lou Reed ts ...... but not The Doors - I've always loved em !!

By the way, getting on with XTC gradually. English Settlement and Black sea White Music

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Time for some proper music Ampy.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

I would agree with you about Lou Reed ts ...... but not The Doors - I've always loved em !!

By the way, getting on with XTC gradually. English Settlement and Black sea White Music
                Enjoy Wiltshire's finest AmpH..its a treasure trove.
                Don't know what it is about the Doors.....It's me I know, but I just don't get it.

Comment

• AmpH
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  Time for some proper music Ampy.

Turn the wick right up, I can't hear it ...... those keyboards on ' Watcher of the Skies ' !!!

Comment

• AmpH
                    • Feb 2012

Don't know what it is about the Doors.....It's me I know, but I just don't get it.
                    I feel the same about RadioHead ... I cannot stand them !

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

You are having me on, surely !! Radiohead at their best are right up there with the best !! They even do great videos .
                      ‘There, There’ is taken from ‘Hail to the Thief’ out on XL Recordings. Buy & stream it here: https://radiohead.ffm.to/hailtothethiefDirector: Chris HopewellF...

Try me on a Doors track that I might not know, but might finally convert me. !!

Comment

• Beef Oven

Comment

• Beef Oven

You are having me on, surely !! Radiohead at their best are right up there with the best !! They even do great videos .
                          ‘There, There’ is taken from ‘Hail to the Thief’ out on XL Recordings. Buy & stream it here: https://radiohead.ffm.to/hailtothethiefDirector: Chris HopewellF...

Try me on a Doors track that I might not know, but might finally convert me. !!
                          I'll post a Doors track.

Hail To The Thief is way too long. Any ideas about editing it down to a 7 track playlist?

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                            I'll post a Doors track.

Hail To The Thief is way too long. Any ideas about editing it down to a 7 track playlist?
                            blimey, don't ever get into Bruckner , or you are in trouble !!

FWIW

2+2=5
                            sit down Stand up
                            Go to sleep
                            Where I end
                            The Gloaming
                            There There
                            Myxomatosis
                            wouldn't do too badly.

Comment

• Beef Oven

blimey, don't ever get into Bruckner , or you are in trouble !!

FWIW

2+2=5
                              sit down Stand up
                              Go to sleep
                              Where I end
                              The Gloaming
                              There There
                              Myxomatosis
                              wouldn't do too badly.
                              Bruckner and Wagner are rarely off the turntable !!!

Thanks for the Hail playlist - I will play it and think it over.

I think that Radiohead are one of the greatest rock bands ever, but some of their records are just too bleeding long!

I like other people's views on playlists - I found last years Beatles White Album discussion really fascinating.

Btw, currently watching/listening to this, a brilliant film of Radiohead/In Rainbows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukyt...6ED2B0251D76DF

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

I have noticed your unhealthy Bruckner obsession !!

Yes , the white album was fun, even though I wasn't involved. We should do another.

any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X