What Rock/Pop/Jazz-rock/Fusion/Prog/Experimental etc album are you listening to?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    In all honesty, I think I can claim never to have listened to a single BJH track. But an assistant director of music at school had played in a brass section on tour with them, and that, as you can imagine, made him very very cool.
    Even if we were all into the Ramones at that particular time !(no room for a brass section with them !)
    Ramones Saw them in Colchester in 1979 or 80.

P.S. Can't believe they're nearly all dead!!

Comment

having a listen to Johnny Cash : American V A hundred highways.
      Just wonderful.
      (is this stuff now banned on the other "what are you listening to now thread"?)
      Don't want any infractions..............!!
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
        Ramones Saw them in Colchester in 1979 or 80.

P.S. Can't believe they're nearly all dead!!
        Lucky man.

Like a total idiot, I missed my one chance to see the Ramones.....was in london at the time, and just SO much to see..thought i would get another chance.Huh !Learn the lesson !
        Still love The first few albums.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Camel / The Snow Goose (never loses it's magic for me)

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Camel / The Snow Goose (never loses it's magic for me)
            Absolutely agree. In fact it has grown on me in the last few years - I think I like it more now than I did back in the day.

Comment

having a listen to Johnny Cash : American V A hundred highways.
              Just wonderful.
              (is this stuff now banned on the other "what are you listening to now thread"?)
              Don't want any infractions..............!!
              Certainly not banned.

I started this thread so as not to clutter the other one with stuff that most of the guys on the other thread may not be that interested in.

I am posting classical on there, rock etc on here.

Comment

In all honesty, I think I can claim never to have listened to a single BJH track. But an assistant director of music at school had played in a brass section on tour with them, and that, as you can imagine, made him very very cool.
                Even if we were all into the Ramones at that particular time !(no room for a brass section with them !)
                Ah The Ramones , good idea , reaches for 'Rocket to Russia' and a very loud blast of 'Rockaway Beach' .... sheer high octane brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                  Ah The Ramones , good idea , reaches for 'Rocket to Russia' and a very loud blast of 'Rockaway Beach' .... sheer high octane brilliance.
                  I WANNA GO BACK IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That is a blast from the past!!!
                    BJH - certainly not the best band ever, but left some great tunes and their gigs were always good.

Comment

BJH - certainly not the best band ever, but left some great tunes and their gigs were always good.
                      Never saw them, came to them a bit late '75/'76. Always used to look longingly at the cover of 'short stories' in the record shop. Trouble is, there was never enough money left over from the Zep, Purple, Sabbath, Yes, Crimson, Gong etc essential purchases, for BJH to get a look-in!

Comment

Weather Report '8:30' 1979, Colombia. A mainly Live album. Jaco notwithstanding, special mention has to go to Peter Erskine for some of the most remarkable drumming ever! Just check the link to him swinging on the live 'Brirdland'.

This is from the Stadthalle Offenbach Concert that took place 1978.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I always feel when I hear BJH they are very competent musicians but not very original, their stuff is self-penned but most of the ideas nicked.

Comment

there are quite a few terrific Ramones songs.Sheena, Blitzkrieg etc, but Rockaway Beach would always be my"desert island" choice for them.
                            love the cover of the album too.

Comment

Emmylou 'Harris Roses in the Snow'. Warner Bros. 1980.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Emmylou 'Harris Roses in the Snow'. Warner Bros. 1980.

[IMG][/IMG]
                                Beef
                                Emmylou is one of those understated talents. Have you heard the Trio albums she did with Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt?

By the way how do you add in the CD cover pictures?

Comment

Working...
                                X