What Rock/Pop/Jazz-rock/Fusion/Prog/Experimental etc album are you listening to?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is easily the best thing he has done IMV
    songs about junkies are ok for a bit .......... but

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Beef
      Emmylou is one of those understated talents. Have you heard the Trio albums she did with Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt?

By the way how do you add in the CD cover pictures?
      I have heard 'Trio', but I down't own a copy, it being on my long-list of purchases. I have about 7/8 EH albums - love 'em all.

Inserting images is easy - caliban explains clearly here http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...ges-into-posts

Agreed, she is not praised as often or highly as she should be.

Comment

Roy Harper 'Work of Heart'. Awareness Records 1982.

[IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by Guest; 24-05-12, 10:22.

Comment

Had a stroll through Zappa's greatest hits today ( a well meant pressie from one of the little Teamsaints).

I think i need to give Hot Rats a fair go..to do it properly....

also today....
          The Beat..part of the big comprehesive Greatest Hits. A fine band indeed, and Ranking Roger is a decent singer live.

question: I seem to recall that when the beat's first album came out, it was touted as the first digitally recorded album. Perhaps the first major album. Anyone recall if this is true..or is the memory fading...........
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Echo & The Bunnymen, Porcupine. Label: Korova, 1983.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

funny band the bunnymen. Genius at best, ploddy at worst.
              But always worth a spin, and a string of great singles. Killing moon must be in my top 50 singles. Does it every time.

EDIT Fashion Note. Always grateful to the Bunnymen...it was the one time in my life i was up with the fashion...managed to pick up one of those long black coats in a charity shop very early in the Bunnymen heyday. I looked pretty as you can imagine !! (well I thought so , and that is half the battle !!)

Beefy, you ever stumble across "The Sound" or Adrian Borland ?
              Last edited by teamsaint; 24-05-12, 21:16.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                funny band the bunnymen. Genius at best, ploddy at worst.
                But always worth a spin, and a string of great singles. Killing moon must be in my top 50 singles. Does it every time.

EDIT Fashion Note. Always grateful to the Bunnymen...it was the one time in my life i was up with the fashion...managed to pick up one of those long black coats in a charity shop very early in the Bunnymen heyday. I looked pretty as you can imagine !! (well I thought so , and that is half the battle !!)

Beefy, you ever stumble across "The Sound" or Adrian Borland ?
                I remember the Sound and Adrian Borland, but I never knowingly heard a note of their music. One of the many bands I missed. Back in the day there were so many bands, too many!

E&Bunnymen were one of my faves. Saw them live in 1980 - they were super!

Comment

Had a stroll through Zappa's greatest hits today ( a well meant pressie from one of the little Teamsaints).

I think i need to give Hot Rats a fair go..to do it properly....

also today....
                  The Beat..part of the big comprehesive Greatest Hits. A fine band indeed, and Ranking Roger is a decent singer live.

question: I seem to recall that when the beat's first album came out, it was touted as the first digitally recorded album. Perhaps the first major album. Anyone recall if this is true..or is the memory fading...........
                  Regarding The Beat, I have no idea - my memory on these things faded to grey years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                    I remember the Sound and Adrian Borland, but I never knowingly heard a note of their music. One of the many bands I missed. Back in the day there were so many bands, too many!

E&Bunnymen were one of my faves. Saw them live in 1980 - they were super!
                    saw the bunnymen in 1980..i think I caught them on an off night. Perhaps I had an off night...I do recall I missed seeing The Sound to catch the bunnymen.

I would recommend investigating The Sound. they were sheer Dynamite live, passion to burn.
                    And such a great band. My copy of "Jeopardy" would, I think, be the first record I would save in a crisis.

Adrian was a wonderful songwriter, full of things to say,and I loved his guitar playing.
                    It is part of my mission in life to get the message across......

(you are right about the wealth of bands at that time..could catch a great band every night in London).

Comment

saw the bunnymen in 1980..i think I caught them on an off night. Perhaps I had an off night...I do recall I missed seeing The Sound to catch the bunnymen.

I would recommend investigating The Sound. they were sheer Dynamite live, passion to burn.
                      And such a great band. My copy of "Jeopardy" would, I think, be the first record I would save in a crisis.

Adrian was a wonderful songwriter, full of things to say,and I loved his guitar playing.
                      It is part of my mission in life to get the message across......

(you are right about the wealth of bands at that time..could catch a great band every night in London).
                      At the peak, you could catch 4 or 5 bands a night in London.

I will check 'The Sound' on youtube. Goes on my to-listen to list!
                      Last edited by Guest; 24-05-12, 22:14. Reason: I shifted the inverted comma leftwards to include 'The, as in 'The Sound' I think it reads correctly now.

Comment

I seem to recall that when the beat's first album came out, it was touted as the first digitally recorded album. Perhaps the first major album. Anyone recall if this is true..or is the memory fading...........
                        I thought it was Ry Cooder's 'Bop Till you Drop'?
                        Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
                          I thought it was Ry Cooder's 'Bop Till you Drop'?
                          quite probably . Just a vague memory of a news item from 30 years ago !

Comment

Le Orme 'Felona e Sorona'. Philips Records 1973.

A great example of 'Rock Progressivo Italiano'

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Gentle Giant / In A Glasshouse (I would imagine this is your kind of thing too Beef).

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                                Gentle Giant / In A Glasshouse (I would imagine this is your kind of thing too Beef).
                                One of GG's best.

Comment

Working...
                                X